kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1740s 1750s 1760s – 1770s – 1780s 1790s 1800s|
|Years:||1768 1769 1770 – 1771 – 1772 1773 1774|
- January 17 – Johann Friedrich Struensee and Queen Caroline Matilda are arrested, leading to his execution and her banishment from Denmark
- July 17 – Massacre at Bloody Falls: Chipewyan chief Matonabbee traveling as the guide to Samuel Hearne on his Arctic overland journey, massacre a group of unsuspecting Inuit.
- September 8 – In California, Fathers Pedro Cambon and Angel Somera found Mission San Gabriel Arcangel in what is now San Gabriel, California.
- October 9 – The Dutch merchant ship Vrouw Maria sinks near the coast of Finland. Captain Raymund Lourens and his crew escape unharmed.
- November 16 – During the night the Tyne floods, destroying many bridges and killing several people; the main bridge at Newcastle upon Tyne is not completed until 1781
- Discovery of Oxygen.
- The territory of Baden-Baden is inherited by the Margrave of Baden-Durlach, forming Baden.
- Emperor Go-Momozono ascends to the throne of Japan
- Plague in Moscow – 57,000 dead
- The trade monopoly with Iceland is transferred to the Danish crown.
- April 13 – Richard Trevithick, English inventor (d. 1833)
- April 18 – Karl Philipp Fürst zu Schwarzenberg, Austrian field marshal (d. 1820)
- April 27 – Jean Rapp, French general (d. 1821)
- June 5 – Prince Ernest Augustus of Great Britain, King of Hanover (d. 1851)
- August 14 – Sir Walter Scott, Scottish writer (d. 1832)
- September 5 – Archduke Charles of Austria, Austrian general and statesman (d. 1847)
- September 23 – Emperor Kokaku of Japan (d. 1840)
- October 9 – Frederick William, Duke of Brunswick (d. 1815)
- October 23 – Jean-Andoche Junot, French general (d. 1813)
- November 14 – Marie François Xavier Bichat, French anatomist and physiologist (d. U momma)