kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||50s BC 40s BC 30s BC – 20s BC – 10s BC 0s BC 0s|
|Years:||26 BC 25 BC 24 BC – 23 BC – 22 BC 21 BC 20 BC|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
Year 23 BC was either a common year starting on Saturday or Sunday or a leap year starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Varro.
- Caesar Augustus becomes Roman Consul for the eleventh time. His partner is Aulus Terentius Varro Murena.
- Augustus becomes very ill. He gives Agrippa his signet ring.
- The Nubians, led by queen Candace Amanirenas, attack the Roman province of Egypt
- Herod the Great builds a palace in Jerusalem
- The as coin was struck in reddish pure copper, instead of bronze
- Ma'nu III Saphul becomes ruler of Osroene
- The Roman writer, architect and engineer Vitruvius finishes writing De Architectura. It is perhaps the first book on architecture.
- Roman poet Horace publishes the first three books of Odes