kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Secretary of State for Energy and |
12 May 2010 – 3 February 2012
|Prime Minister||David Cameron|
|Preceded by||Ed Miliband|
|Succeeded by||Ed Davey|
|Liberal Democrat Spokesman for Home Affairs|
20 December 2007 – 12 May 2010
|Preceded by||Nick Clegg|
|Liberal Democrat Spokesman for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs|
3 March 2006 – 19 December 2007
Vince Cable (Acting)
|Preceded by||Norman Baker|
|Succeeded by||Steve Webb|
|Liberal Democrat Spokesman for Chief Secretary to the Treasury|
16 May 2005 – 3 March 2006
|Preceded by||David Laws|
|Succeeded by||Colin Breed|
|Member of Parliament |
|Assumed office |
5 May 2005
|Preceded by||David Chidgey|
|Member of the European Parliament |
for South East England
10 June 1999 – 12 May 2005
|Preceded by||Constituency created|
|Succeeded by||Sharon Bowles|
Christopher Murray Paul-Huhne
2 July 1954
Westminster, London, United Kingdom
|Political party||Liberal Democrats|
(m. 1984–2011, divorced)
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
Magdalen College, Oxford
Christopher Murray-Paul Huhne, commonly known as Chris Huhne (born 2 July 1954) is a British politician. He was born in London. He is a member of the Liberal Democrats. He was the Member of Parliament for Eastleigh from May 2005 until February 2013. He was the United Kingdom's Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change from May 2010 until February 2012. When he was in that job, he decided on the most efficient ways of having electricity and other important resources in Britain. There was an article in the newspaper that said Huhne wanted to have more nuclear power stations. A lot of people think this is wrong.
- Greenhill, Sam; Newling, Dan; Martin, Arthur; Oliver, Amy (21 June 2010). Chris Huhne, who dumped wife, shamelessly played on family values at election. London: Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288190/Chris-Huhne-dumped-wife-shamelessly-played-family-values-election.html. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Eastleigh constituency profile. London: The Guardian. 2011-11-18. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/constituency/909/eastleigh. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Chris Huhne quits cabinet over speeding claims charge, BBC News, 3 February 2012.
- Hughes, Mark (3 February 2012). Chris Huhne resigns over speeding points. London. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2095886/Chris-Huhne-resigns-speeding-points-Minister-ex-wife-Vicky-Price-court.html. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- Ned Temko (12 February 2006). "The woman who backs Chris Huhne". The Observer (London). http://observer.guardian.co.uk/politics/story/0,,1708163,00.html. Retrieved 19 November 2007.
- Fran Yeoman (20 October 2007). "Lib Dem wives: Can you spot the difference?". The Times (London). http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article2698108.ece. Retrieved 19 November 2007.
- Energy Secretary Chris Huhne confirms split from wife. BBC News. 19 June 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10358658.stm. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Profile: Chris Huhne". BBC News. 2 March 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4603240.stm. Retrieved 19 November 2007.