kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Fire Emblem is a series of video games made by Intelligent Systems. Nintendo began publishing the series on the NES console in 1990. Most of the games in the series were released in Japan. The games were released in North America and Europe. The series is a collection of turn-based strategy role-playing games. They used many characters going on a long journey to fight a common enemy.
In Fire Emblem, the player moves units across a grid in turns. The player must deal with a challenge with each part in the story, for example, defeating all of the enemy units. A player may choose to fight, move, heal, or visit shops each turn. The battle system is made up of two units fighting each other with their selected weapon. Some weapons are better against others. For example, swords are better against axes. When units defeat others, they gain experience. This experience is used to "level up" the units and makes them stronger. A well known feature in Fire Emblem is that when a character is damaged very badly (loses all of their "hit points"), they can never be used in the game again.
|Akaneia||Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi - Monshō no Nazo|
|Jugdral||Seisen no Keifu - Tharacia 776|
|Elibe||Fūin no Tsurugi - Blazing Sword|
|Tellius||Path of Radiance - Radiant Dawn|
- Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken - This is the first title in the series. It was made in 1990. The protagonist, or main character, in this game is Marth.
- Fire Emblem: Gaiden - The second title made in 1992. It is an additional story to the first game. The protagonists in this game are Alm and Celica.
- Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo - A remake of the first game. It was released in 1994. The protagonist of this game is Marth.
- Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - First released in 1996, and in 2007 on the Virtual Console, this game has the largest maps in the Fire Emblem series. The protagonist in this game is Sigurd for the first half, and Celice for the second half.
- Fire Emblem: Tharacia 776 - An SNES game first made in 2000. Some believe it to be the hardest game in the series. Leif is the protagonist of this game.
- Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi - The first game in the series to be released for a handheld device. It was released in 2002 for the Game Boy Advance. The protagonist in this game is Roy.
- Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword - This was the first Fire Emblem game to be released in the United States. It is a prequel to Fūin no Tsurugi. The protagonists in this game are Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood.
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Another English released game. It was released for the Game Boy Advance in 2005. This game bears no relation (story-wise) to the other games. It is similar to Gaiden. The protagonist in this game are Eirika and Ephraim.
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - This game was released for Nintendo GameCube in 2005. The protagonist in this game is Ike.
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - This game was released for the Nintendo Wii in 2007. A save feature from earlier games was put back into the game. The story in this game takes place directly after Path of Radiance. It also uses many of the same characters. The protagonists for this game are Ike and Micaiah.
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - The second remake of Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken, and the first Fire Emblem game on the Nintendo DS.
- Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū - A remake of Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo that was released for the Nintendo DS in 2010.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening - This game was released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2012. It is the first Fire Emblem game on the Nintendo 3DS.
- IGN: Fire Emblem
- Nintendo Database|Fanicom/NES|Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikaru no Tsurugi
- GameSpot: Fire Emblem Union
- Gamestop.com: Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi
- Gamestop: Fire Emblem Gaiden
- Gamestop: Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo
- Gamestop: Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (SNES)
- Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Wii)
- Gamestop: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Gamespot: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Smash Bros. Dojo (Hidden character 2 - Marth)
- Smash Bros. Dojo (Ike)