kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights is a treaty made by the United Nations to ensure that the economic, social and cultural rights are affirmed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It is one of the most important treaties on the international human rights law. This Covenant was adopted in 1966 together with the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and entered into force in 1976.
- Article 2. Right to enjoy all human rights in this Covenant without any discrimination
- Article 5~7. Right to work with decent conditions and to equal payment for equal work.
- Article 8. Right to join a trade union and to strike action for decent conditions, including fair payment and holiday leave.
- Article 9. Right to Social Security.
- Article 10. Right to marriage and to form a family with especial protection for mothers.
- Article 11. Right to an adequate standard of living, including food, clothing and the housing.
- Article 12. Right to the best possible standard of health.
- Article 13. Right to education; free primary education for all and equal access to secondary and higher education, which should also be as free as possible. Education should aim to allow everyone to develop their personality as much as possible, and respect for human rights, tolerance and peace.
- Article 15. Right to enjoy culture and science.
- Economic, social and cultural rights
- International human rights law
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights