kidzsearch.com > wiki
Territory of Joseon after Jurchen conquest of King Sejong
|Classical Chinese, Korean|
|Religion||Confucianism (state ideology)|
Christianity (recognized in 1886)
• 1392–1398 (first)
• 1863–1897 (last)
|Yeonguijeong, later Prime Minister[b]|
• 1392–1398 (first)
• 1896–1898 (last)
|Yun Yong Seon|
|5 August 1392|
|9 October 1446|
|26 February 1876|
|17 April 1895|
|13 October 1897|
|Currency||Mun (1423–1425, 1625–1892)|
|Today part of||North Korea|
|North Korea name|
|Revised Romanization||Joseon Bonggeon Wangjo|
Joseon (Korean: 조선; 朝鮮; July 1392 – October 1897) (also Chosŏn, Choson, Chosun, Cho-sen), was a Korean state started by Taejo Yi Seong-gye. It began after the end of the Goryeo Dynasty at what is today the city of Kaesong. It ended with the assassination of Empress Myeongseong. Joseon was the last dynasty of Korean history and the longest Confucian dynasty.
Today, some Koreans use the word "Joseon" to mean something bad because they think of the Joseon Dynasty as something that failed. Young Koreans use the expression "Hell Joseon" to talk about how hard it is to find a good job in South Korea today.
- Li, Jun-gyu (이준규) (2009-07-22) (in ko). Newstown. http://www.newstown.co.kr/newsbuilder/service/article/messmail.asp?P_Index=72824.+"1392년부터 1910년까지 한반도전역을 통치하였던 조선(朝鮮)은 일반적으로 조선왕조(朝鮮王朝)라 칭하였으며, 어보(御寶), 국서(國書)등에도 대조선국(大朝鮮國)이라는 명칭을 사용하였었다. (translation) Joseon which had ruled from 1392 to 1910 was commonly referred to as the "Joseon dynasty" while "Great Joseon State" was used in the royal seal, national documents, and others.". [dead link]
- Choi, Sang-hun (27 October 2017). Interior Space and Furniture of Joseon Upper-class Houses. Ewha Womans University Press. p. 16. . https://books.google.com/books?id=vWNNWVwaUpMC&q=joseon+dynasty+absolute+monarchy&pg=PA16. "Joseon was an absolute monarchy".
- 권태환 신용하 (1977). 조선왕조시대 인구추정에 관한 일시론.
- 이헌창 (1999). 한국경제통사 52쪽.
- "조선력사 시대구분표" (in ko). http://www.naenara.com.kp/ko/history/period.php.
- "Korean History in Chronological Order". http://www.naenara.com.kp/en/history/period.php.
- Mike Williams. A hope in hell: Why do young people in South Korea refer to their country as hell? The answer depends on who you ask.. ABC. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-30/south-korea-hell-joseon-sampo-generation/11844506?nw=0. Retrieved August 16, 2020.