kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Lufkin is a city in Texas.
Lufkin is located at .(31.336874, -94.730374)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 33.7 square miles (87.2 km2), of which 33.4 square miles (86.4 km2) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.7 km2), or 0.83%, is water.
Lufkin is at the crossroads of East Texas at the intersections of Highways US 59, future Interstate 69, which leads to Houston and the Rio Grande Valley to the south and Nacogdoches and Texarkana to the north, and US 69, which leads from the Golden Triangle of southeast Texas (Port Arthur and Beaumont) to points such as Jacksonville, Tyler, Dallas, and Oklahoma to the north.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- The highest recorded temperature was 110 °F in 1909.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- The lowest recorded temperature was -2 °F in 1930.
- The maximum average precipitation occurs in May.
Regional cities and their distance from Ruston, Louisiana include:
|Nacogdoches, Texas||9 Miles|
|Houston, Texas||120 Miles|
|Beaumont, Texas||106 Miles|
|Dallas, Texas||168 Miles|
|New Orleans||343 Miles|
|Shreveport, Louisiana||117 Miles|
|Texarkana, Texas||168 Miles|
|Waco, Texas||162 Miles|
|El Dorado, Arkansas||210 Miles|
|Little Rock, Arkansas||313 Miles|
- "US Gazetteer files: 2000 and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2005-05-03. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2008-01-31.