kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Fate||Chapter 11 Bankruptcy|
1892 (first incorporation)
1906 (second incorporation)
Number of locations
|506 (Q2 2018)|
|Revenue||US$ 13.8 billion (2016)|
|US$ -1.448 billion (2016)|
Sears, Roebuck and Company, usually called Sears, is a department store chain with about 600 stores in the United States. The first store opened in 1906. It was the biggest retailer in the country until Walmart had more sales in October 1989.
Sears filed for bankruptcy on October 15, 2018.
- "Sears Holdings Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Results". Sears Holdings. https://searsholdings.com/docs/investor/eap/q2-2018-shc-earnings-release.pdf. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- Sears Holdings Corporation (2016) 2016 Form 10-K, Sears Holding Corporation , United States Securities and Exchange Commission, 41. Report. Retrieved on 4 November 2017.
- 1990 Sales Lift Wal-mart Into Top Spot. 15 February 1991. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1991-02-15/business/9101080852_1_wal-mart-stores-supercenter-stores-hypermart-usa-units. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- (in en) Sears closing after 65 years in Canada; court grants complete liquidation. https://globalnews.ca/news/3801730/sears-canada-closing/. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- Reuters (1997-04-03) (in en-US). Sears to Sell Stake in Mexican Unit to Grupo Carso. . https://www.nytimes.com/1997/04/03/business/sears-to-sell-stake-in-mexican-unit-to-grupo-carso.html. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- Corkery, Michael (2018-10-14). "Sears, the Original Everything Store, Files for Bankruptcy" (in en-US). The New York Times. . https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/14/business/sears-bankruptcy-filing-chapter-11.html. Retrieved 2020-03-09.