kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The Rescuers Down Under
|The Rescuers Down Under|
|Produced by||Thomas Schumacher|
George C. Scott
|Music by||Bruce Broughton|
|Editing by||Michael Kelly|
Walt Disney Pictures |
Walt Disney Feature Animation
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
|Release date(s)||November 16, 1990|
|Running time||77 minutes|
The Rescuers Down Under is a 1990 American animated adventure movie produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. It was released by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Distribution on November 16, 1990. The movie is the sequel to the 1977 movie The Rescuers, which was based on the novels of Margery Sharp. The movie is based on the characters created by Sharp.
This movie, along with Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh are the only Disney sequels that are part of the Disney canon. This is because all three were produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. Set in the Australian Outback, The Rescuers Down Under was Eva Gabor's final movie role before her retirement from acting in 1994 and death in 1995.
The Rescuers Down Under has three characters from the first movie: Bernard, Bianca, and the Chairmouse. All of them are played by the same actors as in the first movie.
- Bob Newhart as Bernard, a male grey mouse; the United States representative of the Rescue Aid Society. Mark Henn was the supervising animator for Bernard.
- Eva Gabor as Miss Bianca, a female white mouse; the Hungarian representative of the Rescue Aid Society. Mark Henn was the supervising animator for Bianca.
- John Candy as Wilbur, a comical albatross; named after Wilbur Wright. He is the brother of Orville, the albatross who was in the first movie. Nik Ranieri was the supervising animator for Wilbur.
- Adam Ryen as Cody, a young boy able to talk with most animals. Russ Edmonds was the supervising animator for Cody.
- George C. Scott as Percival C. McLeach, a greedy and sadistic poacher. Duncan Majoribanks was the supervising animator for McLeach.
- Frank Welker as Marahute, a giant Golden Eagle. Welker also voices Joanna, a comical goanna and McLeach's pet who acts to scare her captives. Glen Keane was the supervising animator for Marahute.
- Tristan Rogers as Jake, a debonair and charismatic kangaroo mouse. Ruben A. Aquino was the supervising animator for Jake.
- Peter Firth as Red, a male red kangaroo captured by McLeach.
- Wayne Robson as Frank, an erratic frill-necked lizard captured by McLeach. Kathy Zielinski was the supervising animator for Frank.
- Douglas Seale as Krebbs, a koala captured by McLeach.
- Polly, a platypus captured by McLeach.
- Carla Meyer as Faloo, a female red kangaroo who gets Cody to save Marahute.
- Bernard Fox as Chairmouse, the chairman of the Rescue Aid Society. Fox also voices Doctor Mouse, the supervisor of the surgical mice who examine Wilbur when he is injured.
- Russi Taylor as Nurse Mouse, the operator of Doctor Mouse's instructions and a competent second-in-command.
- Nelson, an echidna.
The Rescuers Down Under was released in the Walt Disney Classics video series on September 20, 1991 with a home video trailer for The Jungle Book, while The Rescuers was released on VHS a year later in September 1992. However, unlike The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under did not make it to the Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection. It was re-released on VHS and DVD on August 1, 2000 as part of the Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection.
- "The Rescuers Down Under (1990)". Box Office Mojo. http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rescuersdownunder.htm. Retrieved October 23, 2010.
- "The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under) (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)". Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/The-Rescuers-Anniversary-Three-Disc-Packaging/dp/B0084IHVQG/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_text_b. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Official website
- The Rescuers Down Under at AllRovi
- The Rescuers Down Under at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Rescuers Down Under on IMDb
- The Rescuers Down Under at Rotten Tomatoes