kidzsearch.com > wiki
Map of Tripura
|Coordinates (Agartala): Coordinates:|
|Union territory||1 November 1956|
|State||21 January 1972†|
|Most populous city||Agartala|
|• Governor||Ramesh Bais|
|• Chief Minister||Biplab Kumar Deb (BJP)|
|• Deputy Chief Minister||Jishnu Deb Burman (BJP)|
|• Leader of opposition||Manik Sarkar (CPI (M))|
|• Legislature||Unicameral (60 seats)|
|• Total||10,491.65 km2 (4,050.85 sq mi)|
|Area rank||27th (2014)|
|• Rank||22nd (2014)|
|• Density||349.90035/km2 (906.2377/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-TR|
|HDI rank||6th (2014)|
|Literacy||87.75 % (2011)|
|†It was elevated from the status of Union-Territories by the North-Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Act 1971|
Tripura (//) (Bengali: ত্রিপুরা) is a state in Northeast India. It covers an area of 4,036 square miles (10,450 km2).It is the 3rd smallest state of India. It is bigger than Lebanon but smaller than Kosovo. The capital city is Agartala.
It is a Disputed Territory claimed as Chittagonian Plains by Bangladesh. Bangladesh says that as Tripura was an Independent Kingdom and never part of British India, the Republic of India had no right to annex the country after the death of its last King.
Provincial symbols of Tripura
- Sarkar, Ipsita (20 July 2019). "Centre appoints new Governors in 6 states, Anandiben Patel transferred to UP" (in en). Zee News. https://zeenews.india.com/india/centre-appoints-new-governors-in-6-states-anandiben-patel-appointed-as-up-governor-jagdeep-dhankhar-ramesh-bais-lal-ji-tandon-phagu-chauhan-rn-ravi-2220610.html. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Biplab Deb takes oath as Tripura chief minister". Livemint. 9 March 2018. http://www.livemint.com/Politics/Xchvm1A5zrM7Zj47RZbxlN/Biplab-Deb-set-to-take-oath-as-Tripura-chief-minister-today.html. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "BJP picks Biplab Deb as new Tripura CM, Jishnu Debbarma to be his deputy". Hindustan Times. 9 March 2018. https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news/bjp-leader-biplab-deb-will-be-new-tripura-cm-jishnu-dev-varma-his-deputy/story-h0AzOQH581uv1699O5MCeL.html.
- State of Literacy, censusindia.gov.in, archived from the original on 6 July 2015, https://web.archive.org/web/20150706191931/http://censusindia.gov.in/2011-prov-results/data_files/india/Final_PPT_2011_chapter6.pdf, retrieved 20 June 2015
- "Report of the Commissioner for linguistic minorities: 52nd report (July 2014 to June 2015)". Commissioner for Linguistic Minorities, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. pp. 79–84. Archived from the original on 15 November 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161115133948/http://nclm.nic.in/shared/linkimages/NCLM52ndReport.pdf. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Wells, John C. (2008). Longman Pronunciation Dictionary (3rd ed.). Longman. .