|County of Ventura|
Location in the state of California
California's location in the United States
|Region||California Central Coast|
|Established||March 22, 1872|
|Largest city||Oxnard (population only)|
| • Total||2,208 sq mi (5,720 km2)|
| • Land||1,843 sq mi (4,770 km2)|
| • Water||365 sq mi (950 km2)|
|Highest elevation||8,835 ft (2,693 m)|
| • Total||823,318|
| • Estimate ||846,178|
| • Density||372.88/sq mi (143.97/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific Time Zone)|
| • Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (Pacific Daylight Time)|
|GNIS feature ID||277320|
Ventura County is a county in the southern part of the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, 823,318 lived there. The county seat is Ventura.
Ventura County includes Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is also part of the Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area. It is the southernmost county along the California Central Coast.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Oxnard Transportation Center A Major Transportation Hub of Southern California
- Ventura County Star, largest Ventura County daily news organization, Scripps chain newspaper
- The Ojai and Ventura VIEW, only true locally owned alternative press, a monthly newspaper
- VC Reporter, a weekly chain newsmagazine with a pro-urban developer bias, owned by southland publications corp. based in Pasadena.
- Ventura County Crime Blog, Crime, trials, and reports in Ventura County
- News from Ventura County, from the Los Angeles Times website
- Ventura County Air Pollution Control District
- Ventura County Law Library—open to the public
- Ventura County on the National Association Of Counties
- VenturaCountyWest visitors guide by Ventura County Lodging Association
Coordinates: 34°22′N 119°09′W / 34.36°N 119.15°W