kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch|
19 July 1976|
Hammersmith, London, England
Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch (born 19 July 1976) is an English actor. His most famous roles include Stephen Hawking in Hawking (2004), William Pitt in Amazing Grace (2006), Stephen Ezard in The Last Enemy (2008), Paul Marshall in Atonement (2007), Bernard in Small Island (2009), Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock (2010) and Peter Guillam in the spy thriller Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011). He voiced the character Smaug and the Necromancer in The Hobbit (2012). Cumberbatch played Julian Assange in the 2013 movie The Fifth Estate. He ranked #1 in Empire Magazine's "100 Sexiest Movie Stars" in 2013. He was named one of the most influential people in the world by TIME magazine in 2014.
In 2000 Cumberbatch acted on TV for the first time in one episode of Heartbeat. He began acting in theatre in 2001. He will play Alan Turing in the 2014 movie The Imitation Game. He played Ford in 12 Years a Slave. In 2013 Cumberbatch was nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television at the Golden Globes.
- "Television Awards Winners in 2010". BAFTA. http://www.bafta.org/awards/television/television-awards-nominations-in-2010,1095,BA.html. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Benedict Cumberbatch Joins Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". 16 August 2010. http://www.cinematical.com/2010/08/16/benedict-cumberbatch-joins-tinker-tailor-soldier-spy/. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "Benedict Cumberbatch To Voice Smaug in ‘The Hobbit’". Deadline.com. 16 June 2011. http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/benedict-cumberbatch-to-voice-smaug-in-the-hobbit/. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Benedict Cumberbatch – stepping into the lead". Evening Standard. 1 June 2010. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/starinterviews/article-23840013-benedict-cumberbatch---stepping-into-the-lead.do. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Eden, Richard (8 May 2010). "'Broody' actor Benedict Cumberbatch wants to be in the thick of it with Olivia Poulet". The Daily Telegraph (London). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7696851/Broody-actor-Benedict-Cumberbatch-wants-to-be-in-the-thick-of-it-with-Olivia-Poulet.html. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- Kay, Richard (17 March 2011). "Sherlock Holmes' star Benedict Cumberbatch splits from university sweetheart after ten years together". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1367189/Sherlock-Holmess-star-Dominic-Cumberbatch-splits-university-sweetheart-years.html?ito=feeds-newsxml. Retrieved 17 March 2011.