kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Anthem: "God Save the Queen"|
|National song: "Beloved Isle Cayman"|
Location of Cayman Islands (circled in red)
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Self-government||4 July 1959|
|Separation from Jamaica||6 August 1962|
|Current constitution||6 November 2009|
and largest city
|Ethnic groups |
|Government||Parliamentary dependency under a constitutional monarchy|
|264 km2 (102 sq mi)|
• Water (%)
|Highest elevation||141 ft (43 m)|
• 2019 estimate
|244/km2 (632.0/sq mi) (59th)|
|GDP (PPP)||2014 estimate|
• Per capita
|$73,800 (2004 est.)|
|GDP (nominal)||2018 estimate|
|$4.571 billion  (160th)|
• Per capita
|$70,956 (2018 est.) (7th)|
|Currency||Cayman Islands dollar (KYD)|
|ISO 3166 code||KY|
The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean Sea. The territory is made up of three islands: Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac. Its capital, George Town, is on the main island (Grand Cayman).
The Cayman Islands have a Tropical climate. The wet season runs from May to October, and the dry season runs from November to April.
There are three airports in the Cayman Islands. The main one is Owen Roberts International Airport. It is located on Grand Cayman near George Town.
- "Cayman Islands: Ethnic Groups". CIA. https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/cayman-islands/#people-and-society.
- "2020 POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS PREPARATIONS". https://www.eso.ky/2020populationandhousingcensuspreparations.html#4.
- "Central America :: Cayman Islands — The World Factbook - Central Intelligence Agency" (in en-US). https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/cayman-islands/. Template:CIA World Factbook
- Cayman Islands. Data.un.org. Retrieved on 28 December 2019.
-  Retrieved on 28 December 2019.