kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Christina Aguilera in September 2010
|Birth name||Christina María Aguilera|
December 18, 1980|
Staten Island, New York, U.S.
|Associated acts||Justin Timberlake|
Christina María Aguilera (born December 18, 1980) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer and actress. Aguilera made her debut in Star Search in 1990. Three years later, she starred on The New Mickey Mouse Club. She was signed to RCA Records after making the song "Reflection" for the movie Mulan. Aguilera received a Best New Artist Grammy Award for her first album Christina Aguilera (1999). She made a Latin pop album Mi Reflejo, and a Christmas album My Kind of Christmas. Mi Reflejo won a Latin Grammy Award. Aguilera received Grammy Awards for her second album Stripped (2002), and her third album Back to Basics (2006). In 2008 she released her first greatest hits album, Keeps Gettin' Better – A Decade of Hits; a new song, Dynamite and new versions of Genie in a Bottle and Beautiful: Genie 2.0 and You Are What You Are (Beautiful). In 2011 Aguilera became a coach on The Voice.
Christina María Aguilera was born in Staten Island, New York, in December 18, 1980. Her parents Fausto Xavier Aguilera, was a soldier in the United States Army and Shelly Loraine (nee Fidler), was a violinist and pianist, respectively. Her father has Ecuadorian ancestry. Her American mother has German, English, Irish, Scots-Irish, and French ancestry. Throughout her father's service in the Army, her family moved to various locations, including New Jersey, Texas, New York, and Japan. Her parents divorced when Aguilera was six years old. She, her mother, and her younger sister Rachel then lived at her grandmother's home in Rochester, Pennsylvania, a town outside Pittsburgh. Her mother later remarried.
In October 2011 Aguilera performed "Smile" and "Dirty Diana" at Michael Jackson Forever.
Aguilera released her seventh album Lotus on November 9, 2012. Two singles were released from the album. The first single "Your Body". Aguilera made a Spanish song for the 2012 movie Casa de Mi Padre. Aguilera also sung a song on the sound track of the 2013 movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire called "We Remain". She sung on A Great Big World's single "Say Something". She is a soprano. She has a whistle register.
In 2010 Aguilera acted in a film for the first time. It was a musical called Burlesque. She played a woman called Ali. She sang eight of the songs in the soundtrack.
- Christina Aguilera (1999)
- Mi Reflejo (2000)
- My Kind of Christmas (2000)
- Just Be Free (2001)
- Stripped (2002)
- Back to Basics (2006)
- Keeps Gettin' Better – A Decade of Hits (2008)
- Bionic (2010)
- Burlesque (2011)
- Lotus (2012)
- "Christina Aguilera Biography". Biography.com. http://www.biography.com/people/christina-aguilera-9542394. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Christina Aguilera Biography". The Biography Channel. http://www.biography.com/people/christina-aguilera-9542394. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Christina Aguilera – Biography". People.com. Time Inc.. http://www.people.com/people/christina_aguilera/biography. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Sophfronia Scott Gregory (September 27, 1999). "Uncorking the Genie". People. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20129327,00.html. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Dominguez, Pier (December 2002). Christina Aguilera: A Star is Made: The Unauthorized Biography. Amber Communications Group, Inc.. pp. 1–2. .
- Elaine Rivera (August 15, 2001). "What A Woman Wants". Time. http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1000774,00.html. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Richard Harrington (February 13, 2000). "Christina Aguilera's Fast Track". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-02/13/003r-021300-idx.html. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Helligar, Jeremy; Majewski, Lori (February 3, 2003). "Christina's World". Us Weekly.