kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|• Type||Mayor-council government|
|• Mayor||Mark L. Mallory (D)|
|• City||79.6 sq mi (206.1 km2)|
|• Land||78.0 sq mi (202.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.6 sq mi (4.1 km2)|
|Elevation||482 ft (147 m)|
|• Density||4,174.0/sq mi (1,612.1/km2)|
Cincinnati is a city in the southwestern corner of the state of Ohio near the states of Kentucky and Indiana. The city is in Hamilton County Ohio. Cincinnati is home to major sports teams including the Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals, as well as events like the Cincinnati Masters and the Thanksgiving Day race. The University of Cincinnati traces its foundation to the Medical College of Ohio, which was founded in 1819.
People from Cincinnati
- Michael K. Allen – former Hamilton County, Ohio prosecutor
- Stan Aronoff – former president of the Ohio Senate
- Oba Chandler – rapist and murderer on death row in Florida
- Dixon Edwards – former NFL linebacker
- Marc Edwards – NFL fullback
- Ray Edwards – NFL defensive end
- Joseph H. Albers – first bishop of Lansing, Michigan
- Anthony Allaire – New York City Police inspector
- Levi Addison Ault – businessman, naturalist, donor of Cincinnati's Ault Park
- "2006 US Census Estimates by city". 2007-06-28. http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/tables/SUB-EST2006-04-39.csv.
- "2006 US Census Estimates by MSA". 2007-04-06. http://www.census.gov/population/www/estimates/metro_general/2006/CBSA-EST2006-01.csv.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI HISTORY IN BRIEF". http://www.magazine.uc.edu/1103/history.htm.