kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The trains have an operating speed of up to 300 km/h. They are one of fastest trains in the world. Some of the high-speed lines in Germany are:
- Cologne to Frankfurt am Main (up to 300 km/h)
- Nuremberg over Ingolstadt to Munich (up to 300 km/h)
- Hanover over Kassel to Würzburg (up to 250 km/h)
- Mannheim to Stuttgart (up to 250 km/h)
- Cologne to Düren (up to 250 km/h)
- Hannover to Berlin (up to 250 km/h)
- Hamburg to Berlin (up to 230 km/h)
There are other (upgraded) lines where the trains can reach 200 km/h. Some new high-speed lines are under construction, some are in planning.
ICE trains are also travelling to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland. Some of the destinations in other countries are: Aarhus, Brussels, Utrecht, Liege, Arnhem, Basel, Bern, Salzburg, Linz, Metz, Innsbruck, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich and Vienna.