kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers|
September 13, 2017 – June 28, 2019
|Preceded by||Jason Furman|
|Succeeded by||Tomas J. Philipson (Acting)|
Kevin Allen Hassett
March 20, 1962
|Education||Swarthmore College (BA)|
University of Pennsylvania
Kevin Allen Hassett (born March 20, 1962) is an American economist and the Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers from September 13, 2017 to June 28, 2019. He is known for his work on tax policy and for co-authoring the book Dow 36,000, published in 1999.
Hassett was John McCain's chief economic adviser in the 2000 presidential primaries and an economic adviser to the campaigns of George W. Bush in the 2004 presidential election and McCain in the presidential election of 2008. He was among Mitt Romney's economic advisers for the 2012 presidential campaign.
In early 2017, Hassett was nominated by U.S. President Donald Trump to become the 29th chair of the Council of Economic Advisers. The United States Senate confirmed him with a 81-16 vote on September 12, 2017. He was sworn in on September 13, 2017. On June 2, 2019, Hassett announced his resignation.
- Thomas, Lauren; Mui, Ylan (February 24, 2017). Trump picks conservative think tanker to chair Council of Economic Advisers. CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/24/trump-picks-conservative-think-tanker-for-council-of-economic-advisers.html. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- Who Are Obama's and Romney's Key Economic Advisers?
- Michelle Jamrisko (April 7, 2017). "Trump Names Hassett to Head Council of Economic Advisers". Bloomberg News. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-07/trump-names-kevin-hassett-to-head-council-of-economic-advisers. Retrieved April 9, 2017.
- Long, Heather (2017-04-10). "Meet Trump's newest economic adviser: Kevin Hassett". http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/10/news/economy/kevin-hassett-economic-adviser-trump/index.html.
- Lawler, Joseph (September 12, 2017). "Roll call vote PN457". United States Senate. https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00194. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Nick Timiraos; Alex Leary (2 June 2019). "Kevin Hassett, Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers, to Leave Post". Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/kevin-hassett-chairman-of-council-of-economic-advisers-to-leave-post-11559528293. Retrieved 3 June 2019.