kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Ludwigshafen am Rhein|
|City subdivisions||10 districts|
|Lord Mayor||Eva Lohse (CDU)|
|Area||77.68 km2 (29.99 sq mi)|
|Elevation||96 m (315 ft)|
|Population||163,560 (31 December 2006)|
|- Density||2,106 /km2 (5,453 /sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||67059 - 67071|
|Area codes||0621, 06237|
Ludwigshafen is independent of the local district government, but is administrative seat of the surrounding district.
Ludwigshafen lies on the westbank of the Rhine River.
As one of the five upper centers of the country Rhineland-Palatinate Ludwigshafen forms the core of the European Metropolregion Rhine Neckar triangle together with its neighbour city of Baden-Wuerttemberg Mannheim. Further nearer-lying large cities are Heidelberg (about 25 km southeast), Karlsruhe (about 50 km south) and Mainz (about 60 km north).
The number of people of the city of Ludwigshafen on the Rhine exceeded the 100,000 by the year 1925. Nowadays it has about 160,000 people, who lives mostly on the chemical industry.
- Pasadena (United States), since 1948
- Lorient (France), since 1963
- Havering (England), since 1971
- Sumqayıt (Azerbaijan), since 1987
- Dessau (Germany), 1988
- Antwerpen (Belgium), since 1999
- Official City Website
- Ludwigshafener Kongress- und Marketing-Gesellschaft mbH Archived 2006-12-19 at the Wayback Machine(in English)
- BASF Website(in German and English)