kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|President of Venezuela|
|Assumed office |
19 April 2013
Interim: 5 March – 19 April 2013
|Vice President||Jorge Arreaza|
|Preceded by||Hugo Chávez|
|Vice President of Venezuela|
13 October 2012 – 5 March 2013
|Preceded by||Elías Jaua|
|Succeeded by||Jorge Arreaza|
|Minister of Foreign Affairs|
9 August 2006 – 15 January 2013
|Preceded by||Alí Rodríguez Araque|
|Succeeded by||Elías Jaua|
|President of the National Assembly|
January 2005 – 7 August 2006
|Preceded by||Francisco Ameliach|
|Succeeded by||Cilia Flores|
|Member of the National Assembly|
August 2000 – 7 August 2006
|Member of the National Constituent Assembly|
August 1999 – August 2000
Nicolás Maduro Moros
23 November 1962
|Political party||Fifth Republic Movement (before 2007)|
United Socialist Party (2007–present)
Nicolás Maduro Moros (born 23 November 1962) is a Venezuelan politician who has been the interim President of Venezuela since 2013. He previously was the Vice President of Venezuela and the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Maduro became interim President following the death of Hugo Chávez.
On 14 April 2013, Maduro was elected President of Venezuela, narrowly defeating Henrique Capriles, with 1.5% of the vote separating the two candidates. Capriles demanded a recount, refusing to recognize the outcome as valid.
Maduro was born on 23 November 1962 in Caracas, Venezuela. Maduro was raised as a Roman Catholic, and his paternal family ancestry is of Sephardic Jewish origin. He is married to Cilia Flores. Before Maduro became a politician, he was a bus driver in Caracas.
- Shoichet, Catherine (15 April 2013). "Chavez's Political Heir Declared Winner; Opponent Demands Recount". CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/world/americas/venezuela-elections/index.html. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- 6to Poder (30 March 2013). "Nicolás Maduro: 'Yo soy hijo de Chávez, pero no soy Chávez' (Vídeo)". Noticias Venezuela. http://noticiasvenezuela.org/2013/03/nicolas-maduro-yo-soy-hijo-de-chavez-pero-no-soy-chavez-video/. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "'Macho' Maduro's perceived slur stirs Venezuela – World Updates". The Star Online. 14 March 2013. http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/3/14/worldupdates/macho-maduros-perceived--slur-stirs-venezuela&sec=Worldupdates. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Nicolas Maduro, Venezuela Interim President, Responds to 'Anti-' Allegations". Huffington Post. 15 March 2013. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/nicolas-maduro-venezuela-president-_n_2883995.html. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Ministerio del Poder Popular para Relaciones Exteriores (Venezuelan Foreign Ministry) (Spanish)
- Biography by CIDOB (Spanish)[[Category:People from Caraca