kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
(Redirected from One)
|Roman numeral (unicode)||Ⅰ, ⅰ|
|Greek prefix||mono- /haplo-|
|Persian||١ - یک|
|Bengali & Assamese||১|
File:En-us-One.ogg One (1) is a natural number after zero and before two. It represents a single item. A human typically has one head, nose, mouth, and navel (belly-button). The Roman numeral for one is I.
- Any number n multiplied by 1 equals that number: n × 1 = n. For example, 7 × 1 = 7.
- Any number n divided by 1 equals that number: n / 1 = n. For example, 7 / 1 = 7.
- Any number n, other than 0, divided by itself always equals 1: n / n = 1. For example: 7 / 7 = 1.
- 1 cannot be divided with any other number so that the result is a natural number.
- In Germany and Austria, one is the grade for "very good". It is the best grade of six possible grades in Germany, and the best of five possible grades in Austria. In the Netherlands, one is the lowest grade, and ten the highest and the best. In Poland, one is also the lowest grade, but the highest is six.
- In numerology, the number one is a symbol for everything (unity), the beginning, and God.
- "List of Arithmetic and Common Math Symbols" (in en-US). 2020-03-17. https://mathvault.ca/hub/higher-math/math-symbols/common-math-symbols/.
- Weisstein, Eric W.. "1" (in en). https://mathworld.wolfram.com/1.html.