kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Innocent VIII
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Papacy began||August 29, 1484|
|Papacy ended||July 25, 1492|
|Predecessor||Pope Sixtus IV|
|Successor||Pope Alexander VI|
|Birth name||Giovanni Battista Cibo|
|Died||July 25, 1492|
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Cardinal Cibo was elected pope on August 29, 1484; and he chose to be called Innocent VIII.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- 1486 – Henry VII of England confirmed as king
- 1487 – Tomás de Torquemada made grand inquisitor of Spain.
- 1492 – Ferdinand II of Aragon awarded the epithet "Catholic Majesty " after the Moors left Granada
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "Pope Innocent VII", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-29.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. pp. 581-582. https://books.google.com/?id=IjeU7x0kXhMC&pg=PA5819.
| Wikisource has original works written by or about:
- "Pope Innocent VIII". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent VIII
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Cibo
| Succeeded by|