kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Rihanna performing during the Diamonds World Tour, June 2013
Robyn Rihanna Fenty
20 February 1988
|Net worth||US $600 million|
Rihanna has won many awards. These include five American Music Awards, eighteen Billboard Music Awards, two BRIT Awards, and nine Grammy Awards. She has had fourteen number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In 2012, the American magazine Time named Rihanna one of the most influential people in the world. Rihanna was also ranked the fourth most powerful celebrity in 2012. She earned $53 million between May 2011 and May 2012, according to Forbes. In 2013, Rihanna was given the first ever Icon Award at the American Music Awards. Rihanna's album Unapologetic (2012) became her first number-one album in the United States. It won Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards. In 2015, a movie called Home was released. Rihanna voices one of the main characters in it and was also the executive producer of the movie's soundtrack.
Her eighth studio album, Anti, was released to the streaming service Tidal and entered the Billboard 200 album chart at number 27. It was a limited-time free download sponsored by Samsung. It was certified Platinum in the U.S. only two days after it was released. The next week, after the album was released to other marketplaces, it reached number one on the Billboard 200. Anti features the Billboard Hot 100 number-one single "Work" (featuring Drake) and the top-ten hit "Needed Me". She also recorded a song, "This Is What You Came For", with Scottish DJ Calvin Harris. It reached the top ten on charts around the world. The following year, she was featured on DJ Khaled's song "Wild Thoughts", which reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100.
Rihanna created a line of beauty products called Fenty Beauty. On June 4, 2019, Natalie Robehmed of Forbes wrote that Rihanna had become the world's richest female musician, with a net worth of $600 million.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael, Barbados to Monica (of Guyanese ancestry) and Ronald Fenty (of Irish and West Indian ancestry). She has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty. She grew up in Bridgetown.
On 8 February 2009, Rihanna was assaulted by her then-boyfriend Chris Brown after Brown was sending messages to a girl. Rihanna got angry and Brown beat her up. The LAPD leaked a photograph to TMZ which showed Rihanna with cuts and bruises on her face. On 22 June 2009, Brown pled guilty to the felony assault. He was ordered to five years probation and to stay fifty yards way from Rihanna, unless it is at a public event, at which it was ten yards. In February 2011, the restraining order was changed to allow both singers to appear at awards shows together in the future.
- Studio albums
- Dont drop dat thun thun (2010)
- Music of the Sun (2005)
- A Girl like Me (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad (2007)
- Rated R (2009)
- Loud (2010)
- Talk That Talk (2011)
- Unapologetic (2012)
- Anti (2016)
- Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded (2008)
- Remixed albums
- Soundtrack albums
- Home (2015)
- Rihanna: Live in Concert Tour (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad Tour (2007–2009)
- Last Girl on Earth Tour (2010–2011)
- Loud Tour (2011)
- Diamonds World Tour (2013)
- The Monster Tour (2014) (with Eminem)
- Anti World Tour (2016)
- 2004 - Bring It On: All or Nothing.... As Herself
- 2006 - Mama Black Widow.... Carol Tilson
- 2012 - Battleship Petty Officer (GM2) Cora Raikes
- 2013 - This Is the End.... As Herself
- 2017 - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets .... Bubbles
- 2018 - Ocean's 8
- 2006 - Punk'd
- "Rihanna" (in en). 2019-06-04. https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/rihanna.
- McCartney, Stella (April 18, 2012). "Rihanna - 2012 Time 100: The Most Influential People in the World". Time (Time Inc. (Time Warner)). http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2111948,00.html. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- "News - Entertainment, Music, Movies, Celebrity". http://www.mtv.com/news/genre/hip-hop/2012/05/16/jennifer-lopez-rihanna-land-atop-forbes-celebrity-100-list/.
- "Rihanna's mom presents her with Icon Award at the AMAs [VIDEO"]. https://www.upi.com/blog/2013/11/25/Rihannas-mom-presents-her-with-Icon-Award-at-the-AMAs-VIDEO/3571385424849/.
- Mendelson, Scott (March 28, 2015). "Box Office: Rihanna, JLo Power DreamWorks 'Home' To $15.6M Friday". Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/03/28/box-office-rihanna-jlo-power-dreamworks-home-to-15-6m-friday/. Retrieved September 20, 2015.
- "DJ Khaled Chart History". https://www.billboard.com/music/dj-khaled.
- Robehmed, Natalie. "How Rihanna Created A $600 Million Fortune—And Became The World’s Richest Female Musician" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2019/06/04/rihanna-worth-fenty-beauty/.
- Spivey, Lisa (Jan 2007). Rihanna, The New Cover Girl. 72. p. B.5. .
- "Rihanna: Biography — Part 1 & 2". People (Time Inc). http://www.people.com/people/rihanna/biography. Retrieved December 16, 2008.
- Friedman, Roger (February 10, 2009). "Chaos in Chris Brown-Rihanna Mess". Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/02/10/chaos-chris-brown-rihanna-mess/. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Kaufman, Gil (February 23, 2009). Gossip Site Defends Posting Of Rihanna Photo. MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605588/20090223/rihanna.jhtml. Retrieved May 14, 2009.
- TMZ Staff (June 22, 2009). "Chris Brown Cops Plea — No Jail Time". TMZ.com. http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/22/chris-brown-cops-plea-rihanna-assault/. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- Ryan J. Downey (February 22, 2011). "Chris Brown's Restraining Order Modified". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658478/chris-brown-restraining-order-lifted.jhtml. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Pepey, Tracy (February 23, 2011). "Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Lifted". iVillage. http://www.ivillage.com/rihannas-restraining-order-against-chris-brown-lifted/1-a-325572. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Rihanna Husband, Children, Family & More" (in en-US). http://thefamouscelebrity.com/rihanna-wiki/.