kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Rihanna performing during the Diamonds World Tour, March 2013
Robyn Rihanna Fenty|
February 20, 1988
Saint Michael, Barbados
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Net worth||US$ 90 million|
|Birth name||Robyn Rihanna Fenty|
February 20, 1988|
Saint Michael, Barbados
Robyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988), known by her stage name Rihanna, is a Barbadian recording artist, actress and fashion designer. She started her music career in 2005. She has released seven studio albums and one DVD.
Rihanna's work has earned her numerous awards. These include five American Music Awards, eighteen Billboard Music Awards, two BRIT Awards and seven Grammy Awards. She has a total of thirteen number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In 2012, American magazine Time named Rihanna one of the most influential people in the world. Rihanna was also ranked the fourth most powerful celebrity in 2012. She had earnings of $53 million between May 2011 and May 2012, according to Forbes. In 2013 Rihanna was given the first ever Icon Award at the American Music Awards. Rihanna's album Unapologetic became her first number-one album in the United States and won Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards. In 2014 a movie called Home will be released. Rihanna voices one of the main characters in it.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael, Barbados to Monica (of Guyanese ancestry) and Ronald Fenty (of Irish and West Indian ancestry). She has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty. She grew up in Bridgetown.
On February 8, 2009 Rihanna was assaulted by her then-boyfriend Chris Brown after Brown was sending messages to a girl. Rihanna got angry and Brown beat her up. The LAPD leaked a photograph to TMZ which showed Rihanna with cuts and bruises on her face. On June 24, 2009, Brown pled guilty to the felony assault and was ordered to five years probation and to stay fifty yards away from Rihanna, unless it is at a public event, which then will it will be reduced to ten yards. In February 2011, the restraining order was changed to allow both singers to appear at awards shows together in the future.
- Music of the Sun (2005)
- A Girl Like Me (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad (or Good Girl Gone Bad:Reloaded) (2007)
- Rated R (2009)
- Loud (2010)
- Talk That Talk (2011)
- Unapologetic (2012)
- Rihanna: Live in Concert Tour (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad Tour (2007–2009)
- Last Girl on Earth Tour (2010–2011)
- Loud Tour (2011)
- Talk That Talk: Summer Tour (2012)
- Diamonds World Tour (2013)
- 2004 - Bring It On: All or Nothing.... As Herself
- 2006 - Mama Black Widow.... Carol Tilson
- 2012 - Battleship Petty Officer (GM2) Cora Raikes
- 2006 - Punk'd
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1247): p. 32. February 22, 2013.
- "That's rubbing it in! Rihanna dresses up her casual outfit with flashy gold 'rich' necklace as she leaves New York hotel". Daily Mail. November 10, 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2496111/Rihanna-dresses-casual-outfit-flashy-gold-rich-necklace-leaves-New-York-hotel.html. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- McCartney, Stella (April 18, 2012). "Rihanna - 2012 Time 100: The Most Influential People in the World". Time (Time Inc. (Time Warner)). http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2111948,00.html. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Spivey, Lisa (Jan 2007). Rihanna, The New Cover Girl. 72. p. B.5. .
- "Rihanna: Biography — Part 1 & 2". People (Time Inc). http://www.people.com/people/rihanna/biography. Retrieved December 16, 2008.
- Friedman, Roger (February 10, 2009). "Chaos in Chris Brown-Rihanna Mess". Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/02/10/chaos-chris-brown-rihanna-mess/. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Kaufman, Gil (February 23, 2009). Gossip Site Defends Posting Of Rihanna Photo. MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605588/20090223/rihanna.jhtml. Retrieved May 14, 2009.
- TMZ Staff (June 22, 2009). "Chris Brown Cops Plea — No Jail Time". TMZ.com. http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/22/chris-brown-cops-plea-rihanna-assault/. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- Ryan J. Downey (February 22, 2011). "Chris Brown's Restraining Order Modified". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658478/chris-brown-restraining-order-lifted.jhtml. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Pepey, Tracy (February 23, 2011). "Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Lifted". iVillage. http://www.ivillage.com/rihannas-restraining-order-against-chris-brown-lifted/1-a-325572. Retrieved February 13, 2012.