kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler
18 December 1975
|Spouse(s)||Erik Anders Lang (m. 2014–16)|
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (born 18 December 1975), known as Sia, is an Australian singer. She was born and raised in Adelaide. She is known for the songs "Clap Your Hands", "Wild Ones" with Flo Rida, "Titanium" with French DJ David Guetta, "Chandelier", and “Cheap Thrills”. The last three of these songs managed to reach the top ten worldwide.
Sia co-wrote "Diamonds" for Rihanna's album Unapologetic (2012), which topped charts worldwide. She wrote "Pretty Hurts", the first song on Beyoncé Knowles' fifth album Beyoncé, with Knowles and producer Ammo.
Sia's fifth album We Are Born was released in 2010. Her album 1000 Forms of Fear was released in 2014. It entered on the Billboard 200 albums chart at number one. It was her first number-one album in the U.S. 1000 Forms of Fear featured the Grammy-nominated top-ten single "Chandelier", along with "Elastic Heart".
Sia released her album This Is Acting in January 2016. The track features the singles "Alive" (which was written with Adele, who turned down releasing the song) and "Cheap Thrills". A remix of "Cheap Thrills" features the Jamaican reggae recording artist Sean Paul. This version of the song reached number one in the US and Canada, number two in the UK, and the top ten in Australia. It was nominated for a 2017 Grammy Award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. It lost to "Stressed Out" by Twenty One Pilots. This Is Acting was re-released as a deluxe edition in late 2016. It includes the Sean Paul remix of "Cheap Thrills" and a version of the song "The Greatest" featuring rapper Kendrick Lamar, which reached the top 20 in the US. In 2017, she released the album Everyday is Christmas.
In 2020, Sia revealed that she had adopted two boys who had grown out of the foster care system. She is releasing a film and album that year, both called Music. The single “Together” was released from the soundtrack.
- Healing Is Difficult (2001)
- Colour the Small One (2004)
- Some People Have Real Problems (2008)
- We Are Born (2010)
- 1000 Forms of Fear (2014)
- This Is Acting (2016)
- Everyday Is Christmas (2017)
- "Sia - Music Biography, Credits, Discography". Allmusic.com. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/sia-mn0000753742. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Si Performed Rihanna's 'Diamonds' and We Are LIVING For It!". MTV.com. http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2012/11/30/sia-rihanna-diamonds-video/. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Same same". http://www.samesame.com.au/25/2009/SiaFurler.
- Sia says bipolar disorder is the result of smoking too much marijuana
- Moniuszko, Sara M.. "Sia confirms she adopted two teenage sons that were 'aging out of the foster care system'" (in en-US). https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/05/20/sia-confirms-she-adopted-two-teenage-sons-foster-care/5226853002/.
- Shaffer, Claire; Shaffer, Claire (2020-05-20). "Sia Premieres 'Together' From Her Upcoming Album and Film, 'Music'" (in en-US). https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/sia-together-music-1003159/.