kidzsearch.com > wiki
A stain is a spot that has another color than the material on which it is found. It can be occur without intention in the case of domestic stains on fabric, cloth, or other material, or it can be intentional. Stains are used intentionally in a variety of fields, including research (biochemical staining), technology (metal staining), and art (wood staining, stained glass.)
Different types of material can be stained by different substances, and stain resistance is an important characteristic in modern textile engineering. Various laundry techniques exist to attempt to remove or minimize existing stains, and stain removers are an important type of chemical in laundry detergents. Some stand-alone stain removers also exist.
Substances that may create stains
- fruits and their juices, particularly orange juice
- ink (notably permanent marker)
- sauces (particularly tomato based)
- soda (particularly orange soda)
- table salt
- talc, cornstarch or chalk
- lemon juice or lemon
- bleach (do not mix with ammonia)
- ammonia (do not mix with bleach)
- baking soda
- rubbing alcohol
- hydrogen peroxide
- cream of tartar
- club soda
- "Stain Protection. To protect or not protect, That is the question!" (in en-GB). 2020-03-12. https://safehandscleaning.co.uk/should-you-get-your-carpet-stain-protected/.
- "Carpet Stain Cleaning". http://www.carpetcleaninginnewportbeach.com/carpet-cleaning/same-day-carpet-cleaning-newport-beach/. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Carpet Cleaning Beverly Hills". https://beverlyhillscarpetcleaning.com/. Saturday, March 28, 2020