kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1330s 1340s 1350s – 1360s – 1370s 1380s 1390s|
|Years:||1366 1367 1368 – 1369 – 1370 1371 1372|
- King Charles V of France renounces the treaty of Brétigny and war is declared between France and England. The French recapture most of Aquitaine.
- Venice repels Hungarian invasion.
- Hugues Aubriot founds the Bastille in Paris.
- Tamerlane names the city of Samarkand as the capital of his empire.
- Košice becomes the first town in Europe to be granted its own coat of arms.
- The Turks invade Bulgaria.
- The Edward the Black Prince ends his military alliance with Pedro of Castile due to ill-health. Pedro subsequently loses the Battle of Montiel to an alliance between the French and his half-brother Henry II. Henry murders Pedro after the battle and becomes King of Castille for a second time.
- The Thai Kingdom of Ayutthaya conquers Cambodia for a second time.
- Financed by Charles V of France, Welshman Owain Lawgoch launches an invasion fleet against the English in an attempt to claim the throne of Wales. A storm causes Owain to abandon the invasion.
- Duong Nhat Le succeeds Tran Hao as King of Vietnam.
- Isabeau de Bavière, queen of Charles VI of France (died 1435)
- William de Ros, 7th Baron de Ros, Lord Treasurer of England (died 1414)
- John Dunstable, English composer (died 1453)
- Jan Hus, Bohemian religious reformer (died 1415)
- January 17 – King Peter I of Cyprus (murdered) (born 1328)
- March 23 – King Pedro of Castile (born 1334)
- August 15 – Philippa of Hainault, queen of Edward III of England
- September 12 – Blanche of Lancaster, wife of John of Gaunt (plague) (b. 1345)
- October 3 – Margarete Maultasch, Countess of Tyrol (born 1318)
- John Chandos, English knight
- Patrick Dunbar, 9th Earl of Dunbar (born 1285)
- Ramathibodi I, first king of Ayutthaya (born 1314)
- Agnes Dunbar, 4th Countess of Moray
- Thomas de Beauchamp, 11th Earl of Warwick