kidzsearch.com > wiki
|President of Afghanistan|
29 September 2014 – 16 August 2021
In exile since 15 August 2021
|Vice President||Abdul Rashid Dostum|
|Preceded by||Hamid Karzai|
|Succeeded by||Amrullah Saleh (acting)|
|Chancellor of Kabul University|
22 December 2004 – 21 December 2008
|Preceded by||Habibullah Habib|
|Succeeded by||Hamidullah Amin|
|Minister of Finance|
2 June 2002 – 14 December 2004
|Preceded by||Hedayat Amin Arsala|
|Succeeded by||Anwar ul-Haq Ahady|
Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai
February 12, 1949
|Alma mater||American University of Beirut|
Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai (Pashto: اشرف غني, Persian: اشرف غنی, born February 12, 1949) was the President of Afghanistan. He was elected as the President of Afghanistan on 21 September 2014. He resigned on 15 August 2021 after going into exile when the Taliban captured Kabul and the Afghan government collapsed.
Ghani was born on February 12, 1949. On May 2, 2008, he made his first book, called Fixing Failed States: A Framework for Rebuilding a Fractured World. In 2011, he made another book, titled Afghanistan: A Lexicon Ashraf Ghani
On 15 August 2021, Afghan officials said that Ghani had left the presidential palace that morning, and went to the US embassy and from there he left Afghanistan as the Taliban entered Kabul.
A few days after Kabul's fall, the Taliban were in talks with former Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah to form a government. Ghani supports these talks and said he would go back to Afghanistan to meet with the Taliban.
- Trofimov, Yaroslav (August 15, 2021). "Taliban Take Over Kabul as Afghan President Flees Country". The Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/afghanistans-taliban-seize-jalalabad-as-panic-grips-kabul-11629005282.
- Seir, Ahmad; Faiez, Rahim; Akhgar, Tameem; Gambrell, Jon (15 August 2021). "Afghan president Ashraf Ghani has left the country as Taliban move on Kabul". The Globe and Mail. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-afghan-president-ashraf-ghani-has-left-the-country-as-taliban-move-on/.
- Batchelor, Tom (15 August 2021). "Afghan president Ashraf Ghani flees capital Kabul for Tajikistan as Taliban enter city". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/central-asia/afghanistan-taliban-ashraf-ghani-flee-b1902917.html. Retrieved 15 August 2021.
- Taliban enter Afghan capital, official says President Ghani has left for Tajikistan. 15 August 2021. https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/talibans-rapid-advance-across-afghanistan-2021-08-10/. Retrieved 15 August 2021.
- "Ghani says he backs talks as Taliban meet with Karzai, Abdullah" (in en). https://www.newagebd.net/article/146741/ghani-says-he-backs-talks-as-taliban-meet-with-karzai-abdullah.
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan: Office of the President
- Profile: Ashraf Ghani – BBC News
- Afghan Elections Dossier – Ashraf Ghani, August 2009 – Radio France Internationale
- AFGHANISTAN’S THEORIST-IN-CHIEF; President Ashraf Ghani is an expert on failed states. Can he save his country from collapse? 4 July 2016 The New Yorker issue by George Packer
- BBC Radio 4 Profile
- Appearances on C-SPAN