kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Centuries:||19th century – 20th century – 21st century|
|Decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s – 1910s – 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|Years:||1910 1911 1912 – 1913 – 1914 1915 1916|
1913 (MCMXIII) was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, and a common year starting on a Tuesday in the 13-day slower Julian calendar. It was the 913th year of the 2nd Millennium, 13th year of the 20th Century and the 4th year of the 1910s decade.
- First and Second Balkan Wars
- Mexican Revolution
- March 4 - Woodrow Wilson becomes the 28th President of the United States, succeeding William Howard Taft.
- March 12 - Building work begins on the new capital city of Canberra in Australia.
- May 29 - Rite of Spring performance in Paris.
- July 10 - 56.7 degrees Celsius (134 degrees Fahrenheit) is recorded in Death Valley, California.
- October 14 - The Senghenydd Colliery Disaster in Wales kills 439 people, in the United Kingdom's deadliest mining tragedy.
- November 7 to November 11 - The Great Lakes Storm kills over 250 people. 19 ships in total are lost.
- December 12 - The Mona Lisa is recovered in Florence.
- George Herriman's comic strip Krazy Kat is launched in American newspapers
- January 9 – Richard Nixon, American politician, 37th President of the United States (d. 1994)
- February 4 – Rosa Parks, American civil rights activist (d. 2005)
- July 14 – Gerald Ford, American politician, 38th President of the United States (d. 2006)
- September 23 – Carl-Henning Pedersen, Danish artist (d. 2007)
- November 7 – Albert Camus, French writer (d. 1960)
- Begum Mahmooda Salim Khan Pakistani social activist and early political leader (d. 2007)
- March 10 – Harriet Tubman, American anti-slavery activist (b. 1820)
- March 31 – J.P. Morgan, American business person (banking) (b. 1837)
- April 15 – Gabdulla Tukay, Tatar poet (b. 1886)
- September 30 – Rudolf Diesel, German engineer, invented the Diesel engine (b. 1858)