kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
2014 FIFA World Cup Final
Germany players celebrate with the trophy.
|Event||2014 FIFA World Cup|
|After extra time|
|Date||13 July 2014|
|Venue||Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro|
|Man of the Match||Mario Götze (Germany)|
|Referee||Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)|
23 °C (73 °F)
The 2014 FIFA World Cup Final was a football match that took place on 13 July 2014 at the Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to determine the 2014 FIFA World Cup champion. Germany defeated Argentina 1–0 in extra time, with the only goal being scored by Mario Götze. The match was the third final between the two countries, a World Cup record, after their 1986 and 1990 matches, and billed as the world's best player (Lionel Messi) versus the world's best team (Germany).
Road to the final
|Group G winner
|Final standings||Group F winner
|ALG||2–1 (aet)||Round of 16||SUI||1–0 (aet)|
|BRA||7–1||Semi-finals||NED||0–0 (aet) (4–2 pen.)|
<section begin=Final />
| 13 July 2014
|ARG|| Estádio do Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro|
Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)
<section begin=Lineups />
Man of the Match:
- "Tactical line-up – Germany–Argentina" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 13 July 2014. http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/40/47/25/eng_64_0713_ger-arg_tacticalstartlist_neutral.pdf. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Groups & Schedule". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/2014/schedule/knockout-stage. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Matches". FIFA.com (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141006184319/https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/mueller-world-cup-superstar-messi-wishes-could-132854319.html. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "The World Cup Final: The Best Team vs. the Best Player". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 15 July 2014