kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Full name||Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax NV|
|Founded||March 18, 1900|
|Ground||Johan Cruyff Arena|
|Manager||Eric ten Hag|
|Website||Club home page|
Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax (Ajax Amsterdam, AFC Ajax, or simply Ajax) is a football club from Amsterdam, Netherlands. They play in the Eredivisie, which is the highest football competition in The Netherlands. Players like Johan Cruyff, Van Basten, Frank Rijkaard, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Jari Litmanen played for this club.
The club was founded on March 18, 1900. The founders were Floris Stempel, Carel Reeser and Johan Dade. It was the second attempt to found Ajax. In 1894 they tried it too. Ajax is named after the mythological hero Ajax the Great.
The name of the stadium is Amsterdam ArenA and has an attendance (which means the number of seats) of about 52.000. The Amsterdam ArenA was opened on 14 August 1996 by Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. Their previous stadium was named De Meer.
|2019/20||Eredivisie||Champions (Season Abandoned)|
- As of 5 October 2020
Players out on loan
- 14 – Johan Cruyff (Forward, 1964–73, 1981–83). Number retired on 25 April 2007 at Cruyff's 60th birthday celebration match.
- 34 – Abdelhak Nouri (Midfielder, 2016–17)
- "Amsterdam Arena – Did you know?". Amsterdam Arena. http://www.amsterdamarena.nl/over_amsterdam_arena/wist_je_dat/en/. Retrieved 2006-12-10.
- "The Players". AFC Ajax. http://english.ajax.nl/ajax-1-1/the-players.htm.
- "Cruijff viert 60ste verjaardag lo". De Ondernemer. 25 April 2007. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20131015070608/http://www.deondernemer.nl/sport/55948/Voetballegende-Cruijff-60.html. Retrieved 25 October 2013.