kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Author||Orson Scott Card|
|Cover artist||John Harris|
|Series||Ender's Game series|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover & Paperback)|
|Prequel to||Speaker for the Dead|
Ender's Game (1985) is one of the most famous books written by Orson Scott Card. It takes place in Earth's future where mankind has barely survived two attacks by the "buggers", a species of alien, and the International Fleet is getting ready for war. In order to find and train a leader for the next invasion, the world's smartest children, including Ender Wiggin, are taken into a place called Battle School at a very young age. The book takes place around the year 2135, and its sequels Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, A War of Gifts, and Ender in Exile: Ganges follow Ender to different planets as he travels far into the future.
A new version was released in 1991 to keep facts accurate (such as the end of the Soviet Union).
Ender's Game won the Hugo Award for best novel in 1986 and the Nebula Award for best novel in 1985. The next year, the sequel Speaker for the Dead also won both awards; Card is the only writer to have won both awards two years in a row.
In 2008, it got the Margaret Edwards award for its long term effect on science fiction.
- Chinese: 安德的游戏 ("Ender's Game"), 2003.
- Croatian: Enderova igra ("Ender's Game"), 2007.
- Czech: Enderova Hra ("Ender's Game").
- Danish: Enders strategi ("Ender's Strategy"), 1990.
- Dutch: De tactiek van Ender ("Ender's Tactic").
- Estonian: Enderi mäng ("Ender's Game"), 2000.
- Finnish: Ender ("Ender"), 1990.
- French: La Stratégie Ender ("The Ender Strategy"), 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001.
- German: Das große Spiel ("The Big Game"), 1986, 2005.
- Hebrew: המשחק של אנדר ("Ender's Game").
- Hungarian: Végjáték ("Endgame"), 1991.
- Italian: Il gioco di Ender ("Ender's Game").
- Korean: 엔더의 게임 ("Ender's Game"), 1992, 2000 (two editions).
- Japanese: エンダーのゲーム ("Ender's Game"), 1987.
- Norwegian: Enders spill ("Ender's Game"), 1999.
- Polish: Gra Endera ("Ender's Game"), 1994.
- Portuguese: O jogo do exterminador ("The exterminator's game") (Brasil).
- Portuguese: O jogo final ("The final game") (Portugal).
- Romanian: Jocul lui Ender ("Ender's Game").
- Russian: Игра Эндера (Igra Endera) ("Ender's Game"), 1995, 1996, 2002, 2003 (two editions).
- Spanish: El juego de Ender ("Ender's Game").
- Swedish: Enders spel ("Ender's Game"), 1991, 1998.
- Serbian: Enderova igra ("Ender's Game"), 1988.
- Thai: เกมพลิกโลก ("The game that change the world"), 2007.
- Turkish: Ender'in Oyunu ("Ender's Game").
- "Ender's Game The Book". Fresco Pictures. http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/enderbook.html. Retrieved 2008-01-17.
- Short Stories by Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game. Hatrack.com.
- "The Hugo Awards, 1986". http://www.worldcon.org/hy.html#86.
- "1985 Nebula Winners". http://www.dpsinfo.com/awardweb/nebulas/#1985.
- About the novel Ender's Game from Card's website
- The original short story from Card's website
- Intergalactic Medicine Show: Online science fiction magazine published by Orson Scott Card. Features a new Ender's world story in every issue.
- Marvel Entertainment's press release regarding the Ender's Game Comic Book Series