kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Motörhead live in Edmonton
|Genres||Heavy metal, rock and roll|
|Years active||since 1975|
|Associated acts||Hawkwind, Fastway|
Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister|
"Fast" Eddie Clarke|
Motörhead are an English rock band. The band were started in 1975 by bassist, singer and songwriter Ian Fraser Kilmister. He is known better as "Lemmy." Although they started in 1975 they did not start to become famous until they became part of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal in 1979.
Motörhead play heavy metal music. But they played very fast in their first years. Many listeners call them the first speed metal or thrash metal band. Motörhead are a main influence on other bands that play those styles. Lemmy does not like being called anything other than just a rock and roll band.
Motörhead's music has sounded the same through the years. The words to their songs are about things like: war, sex, and partying.
Motörhead are famous to fans of professional wrestling for playing the theme music used by wrestler Triple H when he walks down to the wrestling ring. He started using the Motörhead's music in 2000. The song is called "The Game." The band have performed the song live at two WrestleMania events.
Motörhead was listed at number 26 on VH1's "The 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" TV show.
- 1977 - Motörhead
- 1979 - Overkill
- 1979 - Bomber
- 1979 - On Parole
- 1980 - Ace of Spades
- 1981 - No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
- 1982 - Iron Fist
- 1983 - Another Perfect Day
- 1985 - No Remorse
- 1986 - Orgasmatron
- 1987 - Rock 'n' Roll
- 1988 - No Sleep at All
- 1991 - 1916
- 1992 - March or Die
- 1993 - Bastards
- 1995 - Sacrifice
- 1996 - Overnight Sensation
- 1998 - Snake Bite Love
- 1999 - Everything Louder Than Everyone Else
- 2000 - We Are Motörhead
- 2002 - Hammered
- 2003 - Live at Brixton Academy
- 2004 - Inferno
- 2006 - Kiss of Death
- 2008 - Motörizer
- 2010 - The Wörld Is Yours
- "New Wave of British Heavy Metal". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/explore/style/d7760. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Erlewine, Stephen. "Motörhead Biography". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p4965. Retrieved 19 December 2008. "Motörhead wasn't punk rock... but they were the first metal band to harness that energy and, in the process, they created speed metal and thrash metal."
- "An Interview with Lemmy Kilmister". Classic Rock Revisited article. http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Interviews/08/Interview_with_Lemmy.htm. Retrieved 2007-04-04.
- "VH1: 100 Greatest Hard Rock Artists: 1-50:". Rock On The Net:. Sun 22 Feb 2009. http://www.rockonthenet.com/archive/2000/vh1hardrock.htm. Retrieved 2009-05-10.