kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The Pauline epistles are the fourteen New Testament books which most Christians think were written by the Apostle Paul. Some of them are the earliest Christian documents. They show many of the beliefs and controversies of Christianity. Many Christians think these letters are very important for theology and ethics.
In the order they appear in the New Testament, the Pauline epistles are:
- First Corinthians
- Second Corinthians
- Epistle to the Ephesians
- Epistle to the Philippians
- Epistle to the Colossians
- First Thessalonians
- Second Thessalonians
- First Timothy
- Second Timothy
- Catholic Encylopedia: Epistles to Timothy and Titus, New Advent, retrieved 2009-12-07
- Most scholars think this letter was written by Paul.
- Scholars do not know if this letter was written by Paul. Many believe, that it was probably not written by Paul; they say the language is very different to that used by Paul. Those who say that Paul was the author say that this letter fits in very well with the other letters written by Paul.
- Modern scholars do not know if this letter was written by Paul. About half of them believe it was, the other half beileve it was not.