kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|• Total||7.3 sq mi (18.9 km2)|
|• Land||7.3 sq mi (18.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||466 ft (142 m)|
|• Density||1,076.2/sq mi (415.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0153743|
Tuscumbia is a city in and the county seat of Colbert County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census, the population was 7,856 and is included in The Shoals MSA. Tuscumbia is the hometown of Helen Keller and the location of the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.
- Helen Keller Born in Tuscumbia, June 27, 1880. Died June 1, 1968.
- Mike Cooley, guitarist for the alt-country/rock band, Drive-By Truckers. Born in Tuscumbia on September 14, 1966.
- Heinie Manush, born in Tuscumbia, member of the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Home of Howell Thomas Heflin, former U.S. Senator from Alabama (1979-97), former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice (1971-77). Died March 25, 2005.
- Birthplace of Mitch McConnell, U.S. Senator from Kentucky and the current Senate Minority Leader. Born February 20, 1942.