kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1360s 1370s 1380s – 1390s – 1400s 1410s 1420s|
|Years:||1390 1391 1392 – 1393 – 1394 1395 1396|
Events of 1393
- In central Persia, the Muzzafarid Empire, led by Shah Mansur, rebels against their Timurid occupiers. The rebellion is squashed and the Muzaffarid nobility are executed, ending the Muzaffarid Dynasty in Persia.
- George VII succeeds his popular father, Bagrat V, as King of Georgia.
- Abdul Aziz II becomes Sultan of the Marinid dynasty in present-day Morroco after the death of Sultan Abu Al-Abbas.
- Raimondo del Balzo Orsini succeeds Otto of Brunswick as Prince of Taranto (now south-eastern Italy).
- Samsenethai succeeds his father, Fa Ngum, as King of Lan Xang (now Laos).
- King James I of Cyprus inherits the title of King of Armenia after the death of his distant cousin Leo VI. Although, the Mamluk conquerors from Egypt remain the true rulers.
- A Ming Dynasty Chinese record stated that 720,000 sheets of toilet paper (two by three ft. in size) alone were produced for the various members of the imperial court at Beijing, while the Imperial Bureau of Supplies also reported that 15,000 sheets of toilet paper alone were designated for the royal family (made of fine soft yellow tissue and perfumed).
- Bosnia resists an invasion by the Ottoman Empire.
- The Ottoman Turks capture Turnovgrad (now Veliko Tarnovo), the capital city of east Bulgaria. Emperor Ivan Shishman is allowed to remain as a puppet ruler of east Bulgaria.
- Sikander Shah I succeeds Muhammad Shah III as Sultan of Delhi. Sikander Shah I is succeeded two months later by Mahmud II.
- Abu Thabid II succeeds, Abu Tashufin II, as ruler of the Abdalwadid dynasty in present-day eastern Algeria. Abu Thabid II is succeeded in the same year by his brother, Abul Hadjdjadj I.
- Konrad von Jungingen succeeds Konrad von Wallenrode as Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights.
- Maelruanaidh MacDermot succeeds Aedh MacDermot as King of Moylurg in north-central Ireland.
- King Stjepan Dabiša of Bosnia signs the Contract of Djakovice, establishing peace with King Sigismund of Hungary.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
- August 24 – Arthur III, Duke of Brittany (died 1458).
- John Capgrave, theologian (died 1464).
- Giovanni Antonio del Balzo Orsini, Prince of Taranto (died 1463).