kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1360s 1370s 1380s – 1390s – 1400s 1410s 1420s|
|Years:||1388 1389 1390 – 1391 – 1392 1393 1394|
- July 18 – Tokhtamysh-Timur War: Battle of the Kondurcha River – Timur defeats Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde in present-day southeast Russia.
- Manuel II Palaiologos becomes Byzantine Emperor after his father, John V Palaiologos, dies of a nervous breakdown due to his continued humiliation by the Ottoman Empire.
- Yusuf II succeeds Muhammed V as Nasrid Sultan of Granada (now southern Spain).
- Stjepan Dabiša succeeds his uncle, Stefan Tvrtko I, as King of Bosnia.
- Shah Mansur becomes leader of the Timurid occupied Muzaffarid Empire in central Persia.
- A group of Muzaffarids under Zafar Khan Muzaffar establish a new Sultanate at Gujarat in western India.
- August 5 – Anti-Jewish riots erupt in Toledo, Spain and Barcelona. Many Jews leave Barcelona after the following massacres, though a large number remain in the city.
- Vytautas the Great, claimant to the thrown of Lithuania, forms an alliance with Muscovy.
- Roman I succeeds Petru I as Prince of Moldavia (now Moldova and eastern Romania).
- Konrad von Wallenrode succeeds Konrad Zöllner von Rotenstein as Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights.
- Bridget of Sweden is canonized by Pope Boniface IX.
- Ushkuinik pirates from Novgorod sack the Muscovy towns of Zhukotin and Kazan.
- The Chinese invent toilet paper for use by their Emperors.
- Henry I Sinclair, Earl of Orkney, takes control of the Shetland Islands and the Faroe Islands.
- University of Ferrara is founded in present-day Italy.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
- October 31 – King Edward of Portugal (†1438)
- November 6 – Edmund Mortimer, 5th Earl of March, English politician (died 1425)
- Gedun Drub, 1st Dalai Lama (died 1474)
- Michelozzo, Italian architect and sculptor (died 1472)
- Zhu Quan, Chinese military commander, historian and playwright (died 1448)
- Thomas West, 2nd Baron West (died 1415)