kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1650s 1660s 1670s – 1680s – 1690s 1700s 1710s|
|Years:||1686 1687 1688 – 1689 – 1690 1691 1692|
- Louis XIV of France passed the "Code Noir," allowing the full use of slaves in the French colonies.
- January 11 – The Parliament of England declares King James II of England deposed.
- February 13 – William III and Mary II are proclaimed co-rulers of England, Scotland and Ireland. Scotland and Ireland do not yet recognize them.
- April 11 – The Estates of Scotland declare King James VII of Scotland deposed.
- April 11 – Crowning of co-rulers King William III and Mary II as King and Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland. Ireland does not recognize them yet.
- May 12 – King William's War: William III of England joins the League of Augsburg starting the war.
- May 24 – The Act of Toleration passes the English Parliament protecting Protestants (Roman Catholics are intentionally excluded).
- May 25 – Last collection of the Hearth Tax n England and Wales. It was abolished by William III of England
- May 31 – Leisler's Rebellion – Calvinist Jacob Leisler deposes lieutenant governor Francis Nicholson and assumes control of New York colony
- July 27 – Glorious Revolution: Battle of Killiecrankie ends
- August 5 – 1,500 Iroquois attack village of Lachine, in New France.
- August 27 – China and Russia signed the Treaty of Nerchinsk.
- December 16 – The official declaration of the English Bill of Rights