kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Republic of Botswana
Lefatshe la Botswana.
and largest city
• from the United Kingdom
|30 September 1966|
|581,730 km2 (224,610 sq mi) (47th)|
• Water (%)
• 2010 estimate
• 2001 census
|3.4/km2 (8.8/sq mi) (229th)|
- See also: List of cities in Botswana
People from Botswana are called Batswana. The population of Botswana is about 1.8 million people. This is a small number for a country of this size, and so the population density of Botswana is very low at only 2.7 persons per km². This is because most of the country is desert and very dry.
Botswana's economy comes mostly from the mining of diamonds, as well as metals such as copper and of minerals such as salt. Many people come to Botswana each year to see its wildlife, and so tourism is important to the country.
- Botswana Newspapers
- Botswana at the Olympics
- Botswana national football team
- List of rivers of Botswana
- Central Intelligence Agency (2009). "Botswana". The World Factbook. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bc.html. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- "Botswana". International Monetary Fund. http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2011/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?sy=2008&ey=2011&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=616&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=&pr.x=36&pr.y=12. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- "Human Development Report 2010". United Nations. 2010. http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2010_EN_Table1.pdf. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Distribution of family income – Gini index". The World Factbook. CIA. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2172.html. Retrieved 2009-09-01.