kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Republic of Palau
Beluu er a Belau
|Capital||Ngerulmud, Melekeok Statea|
|Ethnic groups |
|Government||Unitary presidential democratic republic|
|1 October 1994|
|459 km2 (177 sq mi) (196th)|
• Water (%)
• 2011 estimate
|28.4/km2 (73.6/sq mi)|
|GDP (PPP)||2008 estimate|
|$164 million (not ranked)|
• Per capita
high · 49th
|Currency||United States dollar (USD)|
|ISO 3166 code||PW|
Palau, officially the Republic of Palau, is an island nation. It is in the Pacific Ocean. Palau is 300 miles (500 km) east of the Philippines. It got independence from United Nations trusteeship administration (administered by the United States of America) in 1994. It is one of the world's youngest and smallest nations. It is sometimes referred to in English under its native name Belau. The capital city of Palau is Melekeok. This has been true since October 1, 2006.
Palau is divided into sixteen administrative states:
- "Government offices moved to a new National Capitol Building complex located at Ngerulmud, Melekeok State" US Department of State. Palau (02/09). Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- 2008 estimate. "Palau". CIA World Factbook. CIA. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ps.html. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- Human Development Index and its components. undp.org (2011).
- My Micronesia.com’s Palau section
- Olekoi Palau
- Palauan Embassy to the United States
- WWFM 89.5 Radio Palau
- East Javanese Beads as Palau Heirlooms
- Palau photographs
- Travel Notes - Runoko Rashidi in the Republic of Palau
- Encyclopedia of the Nations - Palau