kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1170s 1180s 1190s – 1200s – 1210s 1220s 1230s|
|Years:||1201 1202 1203 – 1204 – 1205 1206 1207|
- February – Byzantine emperor Alexius IV is overthrown in a revolution, and Alexius V is proclaimed emperor.
- April 12 – The Fourth Crusade take Constantinople by storm, and pillage the city for three days. End of the Fourth Crusade.
- May 16 – Baldwin, Count of Flanders is crowned emperor of the Latin Empire a week after his election by the members of the Fourth Crusade.
- Theodore I Lascaris flees to Nicaea after the capture of Constantinople, and establishes the Empire of Nicaea; Byzantine successor states are also established in Epirus and Trebizond.
- Boniface of Montferrat, a leader of the Fourth Crusade, founds the Kingdom of Thessalonica.
- The writings of French theologian Amalric of Bena are condemned by the University of Paris and Pope Innocent III.
- Valdemar II, King of Denmark, is recognized as king in Norway.
- Angers and Normandy are recaptured from England by Philip II of France.
- The Cistercian convent of Port-Royal is established.
- The district of Cham becomes subject to Bavaria.
- Philip of Swabia becomes a subject of Hermann I of Thuringia.
- Beaulieu Abbey founded.
- Jersey enjoys self-government thanks to the division of the Duchy of Normandy.
- Haakon IV, King of Norway (died 1263)
- Heinrich Raspe, Landgraf of Thuringia (died 1247)
- Abû 'Uthmân Sa'îd Hakam al Qurashi, Ra'îs of Manûrqa (died 1282)
- January 1 – King Haakon III of Norway
- February 8 – Alexius IV Angelus, Byzantine Emperor
- March 31 – Eleanor of Aquitaine, queen of France and England
- August 11 – King Guttorm of Norway
- August 14 – Minamoto no Yoriie, Japanese shogun (born 1182)
- October 21 – Robert de Beaumont, 4th Earl of Leicester
- December 13 – Maimonides, Spanish rabbi and philosopher (born 1135)
- Ban Kulin – ruler of Bosnia (born 1163)
- Amalric of Bena, French theologian
- William de Burgh, English politician
- Emeric of Hungary (born 1174)
- Isaac II Angelus, Byzantine Emperor
- Suleiman II of Rum
- David Soslani, Prince of Ossetia