kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Alberta is a province in western Canada. It is bounded by the provinces of British Columbia on the west, Saskatchewan on the east, the US state of Montana on the south and the Northwest Territories to the North.
Canada became a country in 1867. It was much smaller than it is now, and did not include the parts of the country to the west. From 1670 to 1870, parts of Alberta were included in "Rupert's Land," land owned by the Hudson’s Bay Company in support of it’s trading monopoly over a vast area of Canada and parts of the United States. Northern part of Alberta was part of the what was then called "Northwestern Territories."
Alberta was made a province of Canada in 1905, at the same time as Saskatchewan.
The Aboriginal peoples of Canada are referred to as First Nations or by the Name of their Nation. Mixed (European/Aboriginal) People are called Metis.
Work in Alberta
There is diesel fuel in Alberta.
- Wikimedia Atlas of Alberta
- Government of Alberta website
- Alberta at the Open Directory Project
- Provincial Archives of Alberta website
- Travel Alberta
- Alberta Encyclopedia
- CBC Digital Archives—Striking Oil in Alberta
- CBC Digital Archives—Electing Dynasties: Alberta Campaigns 1935 to 2001
- CBC Digital Archives—Alberta @ 100