kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Food and Agriculture Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
It serves both developed and developing countries and acts as a neutral forum where all nations meet as equals. FAO is also a source of knowledge and information, and helps developing countries and countries in transition modernize and improve agriculture, forestry and fisheries practices, ensuring good nutrition and food security for all.
- Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana
- Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean in Santiago, Chile
- Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand
- Regional Office for the Near East in Cairo, Egypt
- Regional Office for Europe at FAO headquarters, Rome, Italy
- Subregional Office for Southern and East Africa in Harare, Zimbabwe
- Subregional Office for the Pacific Islands in Apia, Samoa
- Subregional Office for Central and Eastern Europe in Budapest, Hungary
- Subregional Office for the Caribbean in Bridgetown, Barbados
- Subregional Office For North Africa in Tunis, Tunisia
- Liaison Office with the United Nations in Geneva
- Liaison Office for North America in Washington D.C.
- Liaison Office with the United Nations in New York
- Liaison Office with Japan in Yokohama
- Liaison Office with the European Union and Belgium in Brussels