kidzsearch.com > wiki
|City of Wichita|
|Nickname(s): Cowtown, The Air Capital Of The World|
|• Mayor||Carl Brewer (D)|
|• City||165.9 sq mi (359.8 km2)|
|• Land||163.7 sq mi (351.6 km2)|
|• Water||3.2 sq mi (8.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,299 ft (396 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP Codes||67201-67221, 67223, 67226-67228, 67230, 67232, 67235, 67260, 67275-67278|
|GNIS feature ID||0473862|
Wichita is the largest city in the U.S. State of Kansas. Wichita is the 49th largest city in the United States with about 354,865 people in the year 2005. It is in Sedgwick County, which is in the south-central part of the state.
Many parts of airplanes are made in Wichita. Also, Wichita State University is in the city.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population Estimates". U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. http://www.census.gov/popest/estimates.php. Annual estimates of the population to July 1, 2005. Released June 21, 2006. Five year change is from July 1, 2000 to July 1, 2005.
- City of Wichita
- Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau
- 360Wichita.com (directory of local business and entertainment)
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport
- The Wichita Eagle (local newspaper)
- City of Wichita-History, on city-administered web page.
- History of the Wichita Beat poets and artists.
- LASR: Wichita Kansas Attractions, Events and Recreation.