|Logo of AC Milan.svg|
|Full name||Associazione Calcio Milan SpA|
|Nickname(s)||I Rossoneri (The Red and Blacks)
Il Diavolo (The Devil)
Casciavit (Lombard for: Screwdrivers)
|Founded||16th December 1899 (119 years ago)|
A.C. Milan is an Italian football club in Milan.
They were started in 1899 by two Englishmen, Herbet Kilpin and Alfred Edwards after a heavy drinking session in the Fiaschetteria Toscana tavern in Milan.
Herbet Kilpin became the first team coach and captain whilst Alfred Edwards became the first club president.
Their first name was Milan Cricket and Football Club. They have won the Serie A football league 18 times and the Coppa Italia football cup 5 times. They have won more things than any Italian club except for Juventus. In season 2005/06 they were punished for setting up the results. They started the 2006/07 season with an 8-point deficit, but they managed to end up fourth and win the UEFA Champions League qualification games. A.C.Milan won the 2006/07 UEFA Champions League in the final at Athens versus Liverpool. 2 to 1 was the score for the Italian team.
They play at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza Stadium, also known as San Siro because Giuseppe Meazza was a star playing for arch rival, Internazionale Milano in Milan.
- 1899-1919 Milan Cricket and Football Club
- 1919-1938 Milan Football Club
- 1938-1945 Associazione Calcio Milano
- 1945-present Associazione Calcio Milan
Milan captain Paolo Maldini
lifting the European Cup after they won the 2002–03 UEFA Champions League
- Serie A : 18
- 1901, 1906, 1907, 1950/51, 1954/55, 1956/57, 1958/59, 1961/62, 1967/68, 1978/79, 1987/88, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96, 1998/99, 2003/04, 2010/2011
- Serie B : 2
- Coppa Italia : 5
- 1967, 1972, 1973, 1977, 2003
- Supercoppa Italiana : 7 – shared record
- 1988, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2005, 2011, 2016
- European Cup / UEFA Champions League : 7
- 1963, 1969, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup : 2
- UEFA Super Cup : 5 – shared record
- 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007
- Intercontinental Cup : 3
- Latin Cup : 2
- Mitropacup : 1
First team squad
- As of 5 October 2020
Out on loan
- See also: Retired numbers in association football
* Might be restored for one of his two sons, should either of them play professionally for the club.
- As of 9 October 2019
|| Stefano Pioli
| Assistant manager
|| Giacomo Murelli
| Technical coaches
|| Daniele Bonera
| Davide Lucarelli
| Gianmarco Pioli
| Luciano Vulcano
| Fitness coaches
|| Loca Monguzzi
| Matteo Osti
| Roberto Peressutti
| Marco Vago
| Goalkeeping coaches
|| Luigi Turci
| Emiliano Betti
| Team manager
|| Andrea Romeo
Presidents and managers
Milan has had numerous presidents over the course of its history, some of whom have been owners of the club while others have been honorary presidents. Here is a complete list of them.
Nereo Rocco, the most successful manager in the history of A.C. Milan with 10 trophies.
Below is a list of Milan coaches from 1900 until the present day.
Kit manufacturers and shirt sponsors