kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Centuries:||19th century – 20th century – 21st century|
|Decades:||1930s 1940s 1950s – 1960s – 1970s 1980s 1990s|
|Years:||1964 1965 1966 – 1967 – 1968 1969 1970|
1967 (MCMLXVII) was a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1967th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 967th year of the 2nd millennium, the 67th year of the 20th century, and the 8th year of the 1960s decade.
- February 1 - The Loud House franchise by Mel Brooks.
- February 2 – The American Basketball Association is formed.
- February 15 – Chicago, a musical group forms
- March 13 – Indira Gandhi becomes prime minister of India.
- April 28 – Montreal hosts Expo '67.
- May 1 – Elvis Presley married Priscilla Beaulieu.
- June 5 – June 10 – The Six-Day War
- November 30 – Pakistan Peoples Party is founded by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto
- December 3 – Dr. Christiaan Barnard transplanted the first heart.
- The Summer of Love
- Blue Öyster Cult forms.
- Jethro Tull forms.
- February 10 – Laura Dern, American actress
- February 20 – Kurt Cobain, rock musician (d. 1994)
- March 17 – Debi Derryberry, American actress
- May 7 – Martin Bryant, Australian criminal
- June 19 – Mia Sara, American actress
- June 20 – Nicole Kidman, American-Australian actress
- July 23 - Philip Seymour Hoffman, American actor (d. 2014)
- October 16 – Davina McCall, English television presenter
- October 28 – Julia Roberts, American actress
- November 7 – David Guetta, French DJ
- November 16 – Lisa Bonet, American actress
- November 22 – Boris Becker, tennis player
- November 28 – Anna Nicole Smith, American actress (d. 2007)
- December 17 – Gigi D'Agostino, Italian musician and DJ
- December 19 – Criss Angel, American illusionist
- January 3 – Jack Ruby, killer of Lee Harvey Oswald
- January 4 – Donald Campbell, waterspeed/landspeed record seeker.
- April 19 – Konrad Adenauer, German statesman
- July 8 – Fatimah Jinnah, Pakistani Mother of the Nation.
- October 9 – Che Guevara, Argentinian Marxist revolutionary (b. 1928)
- December 10 – Otis Redding, American singer
- Nobel Prize in Physics – Hans Albrecht Bethe, American physicist
- Chemistry – Manfred Eigen, Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, George Porter
- Medicine – Ragnar Granit, Haldan Keffer Hartline, George Wald
- Literature – Miguel Angel Asturias, Guatemalan writer
- Peace – not awarded
- Bonnie and Clyde
- The Dirty Dozen
- Fearless Vampire Killers
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
- The Graduate
- To Sir With Love
- In the Heat of the Night
- All You Need is Love – The Beatles
- Daydream Believer – The Monkees
- Groovin' – The Young Rascals
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- Hello Goodbye – The Beatles
- I'm A Believer – The Monkees
- Incense And Peppermints – Strawberry Alarm Clock
- The Letter – The Box Tops
- Light My Fire – The Doors
- Ode to Billy Joe – Bobbie Gentry
- Ooh Baby – Bo Diddley
- Penny Lane – The Beatles
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
- Ruby Tuesday – The Rolling Stones
- To Sir With Love – Lulu
- Windy – The Association
- 003½: The Adventures of James Bond Junior – R.D. Mascott (Arthur Calder-Marshall)
- The Arrangement – Elia Kazan
- The Chosen – Chaim Potok
- Christy – Catherine Marshall
- The Confessions of Nat Turner – William Styron
- The Crows of Pearblossom – Aldous Huxley
- Death of a President – William Manchester
- Down These Mean Streets – Piri Thomas
- The Eighth Day – Thornton Wilder
- The Exhibitionist – Henry Sutton
- The Gabriel Hounds – Mary Stewart
- Go to the Widow-Maker – James Jones
- Ice – Anna Kavan
- I Heard the Owl Call My Name – Margaret Craven
- Jerusalem the Golden – Margaret Drabble
- Killing Time – Thomas Berger
- Miramar – Naguib Mahfouz
- One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel García Márquez
- Rosemary's Baby- Ira Levin
- The Silent Cry- Oe Kenzaburo
- Topaz – Leon Uris
- Where Eagles Dare – Alistair MacLean
- Wild Season – Allan W. Eckert