kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|- City -|
Church of the Holy Family; Königsberg Cathedral; "Fishermen's village" in pseudo-historic style; Brandenburg Gate; King's Gate; Pregolya River
|City Day||4 July; observed on the first Saturday of July|
|Federal subject||Kaliningrad Oblast|
|Administratively subordinated to||city of oblast significance of Kaliningrad|
|Urban okrug||Kaliningrad Urban Okrug|
|Representative body||City Council of Deputies|
|Area||223.03 km2 (86.11 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 Census,|
|- Rank in 2010||40th|
|Population (January 2018 est.)||475,056 inhabitants|
|Density||1,934/km2 (5,009/sq mi)|
|Time zone||USZ1 (UTC+03:00)|
|Founded||1 September 1255|
|Postal code(s)||236001 - 236999|
|Dialing code(s)||+7 4012|
Kaliningrad (Russian: Калинингра́д; Lithuanian: Karaliaučius; German: Königsberg (info • help); Polish: Królewiec; briefly Russified as Russian: Кёнигсберг Kyonigsberg) is a seaport and the administrative center of Kaliningrad Oblast, the Russian exclave between Poland and Lithuania on the Baltic Sea. Kaliningrad is the second-largest city in the Northwestern Federal District, after Saint Petersburg, the third-largest city in the Baltic region and the seventh-largest city on the Baltic Sea. It is the westernmost Oblast of Russia.
In 2002, it had a population of 430,003 people. This was more than in 1989, when the last census was done. At that time, the city only had a population of 401,280. About 78% of the people there are Russians, 8% Belarusians, and 7.3% Ukrainians.
It was named Königsberg originally. It was the capital city of the German province of East Prussia, the earlier Duchy of Prussia, and before that of the Monastic State of the Teutonic Knights. The city had that name from 1254 to 1945. The people were mostly Germans but they were expelled and replaced during wars.
- Article 6 of the Charter of Kaliningrad states that the city may have an anthem, providing one is officially adopted. As of 2015[update], an anthem is not listed among the symbols of the city shown on the official website of Kaliningrad.
- Official website of Kaliningrad. Head of the City, Alexander Georgiyevich Yaroshuk. (in Russian)
- Charter of Kaliningrad, Article 25
- Official website of Kaliningrad. Passport of Kaliningrad Urban Okrug. (in Russian)
- "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1 [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1)]" (in Russian). Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census). Federal State Statistics Service. 2011. http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/perepis2010/croc/perepis_itogi1612.htm. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Kaliningrad Oblast Territorial Branch of the Federal State Statistics Service. Оценка численности населения Калининградской области по состоянию на 1 января 2018 года (in Russian)
- The value of density was calculated automatically by dividing the 2010 Census population by the area specified in the infobox. Please note that this value may not be accurate as the area specified in the infobox does not necessarily correspond to the area of the entity proper or is reported for the same year as the population.
- Kaliningrad Oblast