kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Belarus at the Olympics
Belarus was first in the Olympic at the 1952 Summer Games in Helsinki, Finland as part of the Soviet Union. After the Soviet Union disbanded in 1991, Belarus, along with four of the other fourteen former Soviet republics, were in the 1992 Winter Olympics (held in Albertville, France) as the Unified Team. Later in 1992, eleven republics joined Belarus to compete as the Unified Team at the Summer Games in Barcelona, Spain. Two years later, Belarus competed for the first time as an independent nation in the 1994 Winter Olympics, held in Lillehammer, Norway. From 1952 until the 2006 Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, 168 Belarusian athletes won 200 medals either as part of the Soviet Union or as independent Belarus.
Medals by Games
|2002 Salt Lake City||0||0||1||1|
Medals by sport
- NOC Republic of Uzbekistan. Lillehammer 1994 Games. Retrieved July 14, 2007.
- NOC RB. Belarusian athletes at Olympic Games. Published 2006. Retrieved December 27, 2008.
- "Medallists - BLR". Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad. 2008-08-05. Archived from the original on 2008-09-11. http://web.archive.org/web/20080911174057/http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/92A/BLR_T.shtml. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Belarus Olympic Medals". databaseolympics.com. 2004. http://www.databaseolympics.com/country/countrypage.htm?cty=BLR. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Belarus profile at London2012.com
- Official Website of the NOCRB (English), (Russian)
- Olympic page (English), (French)
- Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the United States Olympic movement in Belarus