kidzsearch.com > wiki
Location in Lewis and Clark County, Montana
|County||Lewis and Clark County|
|Founded||October 30, 1864|
|• Mayor||Wilmot Collins|
|• City||42.45 km2 (16.39 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.10 km2 (0.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||665.7/km2 (1,724.2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (Mountain)|
Surrounding features include Spring Meadow Lake State Park, Lake Helena, Helena National Forest, the Big Belt Mountains, the Gates of the Mountains Wilderness, the Missouri River, Canyon Ferry Lake, Holter Lake, Hauser Lake, and the Elkhorn Mountains.
- Max Baucus, former U.S. Senator
- Liz Claiborne, fashion designer
- Mike Cooney, Lt. Governor of Montana
- Charles Donnelly, president of the Northern Pacific Railway
- Myrna Loy, actress
- Charley Pride, country music singer
- Plank, Thomas; Michels, Holly (March 20, 2019). "Helena Mayor Wilmot Collins considering a run for statewide or federal office". Missoulian. https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/helena-mayor-wilmot-collins-considering-a-run-for-statewide-or/article_ac5ee512-f977-555f-b1a7-1b0b87459c24.html. Retrieved May 9, 2019.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "Liz Claiborne" NNDB.com
- "Fashion guru Liz Claiborne dies" Breaking News.ie, July 26, 2007