kidzsearch.com > wiki
Kyōwa (享和) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Kansei and before Bunka. This period started in February 1801 and ended in February 1804. During this time, the emperor was Kōkaku-tennō (光格天皇).
Events of the Kyōwa era
- 9 December 1802 (Kyōwa 2, 15th day of the 11th month): Earthquake in northwest Honshū and Sado Province (Latitude: 37.700/Longitude: 138.300), 6.6 magnitude on the Richter scale.
- 28 December 1802 (Kyōwa 2, 4th day of the 12th month): Earthquake on Sado Island (Latitude: 38.000/Longitude: 138.000).
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kyōwa" Japan Encyclopedia, p. 587.
- Nussbaum, "Kōkaku Tennō," p. 546; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 420-421.
- NOAA/Japan "Significant Earthquake Database" -- U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: