kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Type||Public (NYSE: MCD)|
|When it was created||May 15, 1940 in San Bernardino, California|
McDonald's Corporation, 1955 in Des Plaines, Illinois
|People who started it||McDonald's Richard and Maurice McDonald McDonald's Corporation Ray Kroc|
|Headquarters||Oak Brook, Illinois, USA|
|Number of locations||35,000+ worldwide|
|Key people||James A. Skinner|
(Chairman) & (CEO)
|Things made||Fast Food|
(hamburgers • chicken • french fries • soft drinks • milkshakes • salads • desserts • breakfast)
|Money earned||US$ 22.79 billion (2007)|
|Operating income||US$ 3.879 billion (2007)|
|Net income||US$ 2.359 billion (2007)|
|Total assets||US$ 29.391 billion (2007)|
|Total equity||US$ 15.279 billion (2007)|
McDonald's has over 36,000 stores in 119 countries and territories, the second-most stores out of all fast food chains worldwide behind only the submarine sandwich chain Subway. They serve almost 54 million people each day.[source?]
The first McDonald's restaurant was opened by Richard and Maurice (Mac) McDonald in 1940. It was located on Route 66 in San Bernardino, California. The McDonald brothers later sold their company to Ray Kroc in Des Plaines, Illinois.
McDonald's restaurants mainly serve hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets, burgers, French fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes and desserts. They also have options such as salads, apples, milk, and Snack Wraps on the menu. And kids meals are available too.
More McDonald's food is sold in the United States than in any other area, which means that it is McDonald's largest market. Europe is McDonald's second largest market. The restaurants are either operated directly by McDonalds or more often by a franchisee, where the business is owned and operated by someone else to the standards set by McDonald's and with support from the McDonald's company. The company provides a central source of supply for food items and standardized menu.
In 2014, McDonald's in Europe used chicken meat which was produced by using genetically modified animal feed, which it had not done since 2001. Greenpeace states that McDonald's saves less than one Eurocent for each Chickenburger and goes down a path not desired by its customers.
Also, McDonald’s menu has now become a semi-icon as in a menu that has like a chicken burger. If that chicken burger looked different from the menu’s picture, that menu would be called “An McDonalds menu” as McDonalds has a small but strong reputation on having pictures on the menu that looks completely different from the actual thing.
McDonald's has restaurants in the following countries:
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Iceland (No longer operates)
- North Macedonia
- New Zealand
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- McDonald's publication. "Corporate FAQ". McDonald's Corporation. http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/aboutus/faq.aspx. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- Joe Bramhall. "McDonald's Corporation". Hoovers. http://www.hoovers.com/mcdonald's/--ID__10974--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- McDonald's, the world's biggest fast food chain, has reportedly rejected a plan put forward by.... Food & Drink Weekly. 23 January 2006. http://www.allbusiness.com/business-planning/business-structures-corporations/857636-1.html.
- "World’s Largest Fast Food Chains". Time, Inc. Affluent Media Group. http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/worlds-largest-fast-food-chains. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Ganzel, Bill (2016-08-22). "McDonald's vs Subway: Which Has the Bigger Restaurant Chain?". Knoema. https://knoema.com/infographics/yhawhcb/mcdonald-s-vs-subway-which-has-the-bigger-restaurant-chain. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Ganzel, Bill (2007). "Fast Food". Life in the 50s & 60s. Wessels Living History Farm. http://wessels.unl.edu/farminginthe50s/life_16.html. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Sales Are Up Again at McDonald's". The New York Times. October 8, 2003. https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0DE1DF1E3CF93BA35753C1A9659C8B63&sec=&spon=.
- "McDonald's Corporation". The New York Times. http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/mcdonalds_corporation/index.html?scp=1-spot&sq=McDonald%27s&st=cse. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/mcdonald-s-gentechnik-in-chickenburger-und-chickennuggets-a-966345.html McDonald's: Gentechnik im Burger, der Spiegel, 2014-04-27.